LegacyGT.com

Debugging radio antenna issue

Hey guys,

Got my car back from the PDR guys the other day and ever since my FM and AM radio reception is basically non-existent. I've read the amplifier/antenna is built into the rear window, so is it possible something didn't get plugged back in when the PDR guys had the headliner dropped? I'd like to fix it myself if possible but have no idea where to begin looking for the antenna connections.

Anyone have any experience with this or at least know where the antenna is wired through the car? Car is an '05 sedan with factory radio, btw.

Thanks!

There is a little radio amp inline between the radio and the antenna grid in the windsheild. Not sure where its mounted in the sedan but in the wagon its in the center of the rear hatch. See if you can find it and test if you have power going into it. Also check the grid closely to see if there are any breaks or other issues with it.

Also, couldn't hurt to pull the radio just ot make sure the antenna is actually plugged in to the radio. Someone could have been in there and forgot to attach it.

Archived