LegacyGT.com

Vibration while driving!!! AHHH!!!

Hey all,

I've been reading through some older posts for second gen vibration issues and I think it's the axles but I wanted you all to weigh in before I start spending more money!

I'm getting a vibrating feeling in the steering wheel and gas pedal during most stages of driving. I am also getting vibration while stopped at a light, if I put it in neutral, vibration goes away.

Tires are a bit old but I had them balanced, brand new Bosch rotors and new bearing on the drivers side.

I reached down to see if the axles have any play where they connect to the transmission and they seem pretty solid.

Any ideas? :confused:

Thanks!

Not sure if they are aftermarket, most likely they are, I had them done about 8 years ago before I started paying attention to what was being done. I've seen remanufactured genuine Subaru axles on subarupartsforyou for about $170 each, would they be a good option?

Vibration while driving shouldn't really be caused by the axles unless something is bent.

However, vibration at a stoplight - especially if it goes away in neutral - leads me to believe it's the front axles. Do you have aftermarket axles in the front?

I guess I must not be visualizing something correctly but, if the car is stopped at a light, the axles are not turning. how would this cause vibration?

The same thought occurred to me after I had posted that a possible bad tire cord could be a cause. I am currently trying to isolate a vibe I have @ highway speeds and this was suggested to me.

cheap axles and cheap re-man axles transmit normal enginevibration to the wheel and the chassis of the car.

you feel this.

quality axles do not do this.

most, if not alll local parts store axles are likely to be cheap / reman? axles.

i'm not sure if NAPA falls into this category.

and i have heard some good about EMPI new axles.

a common but messy solution,

is to buy used suabru factory axles and reboot them.

if they have not been run a long time with torn boots,

they are probably still good.

like many suabru parts,

they are very high quality and will outlast ANY other brand.

suabru axles all have a green inner cup, on the trans end.

parts store axles i have seen are usually black or unpainted.

FWE rebuilds suabru axles.

they do a pretty good job.

not sure about the pricing.

look for a link at the CCR web site.

google colorado component rebuilders.

I've ordered tons of stuff from them without issue. Those axles were great. Not to mention they were significantly thicker than the POS aftermarket axles that our mechanic had put in the car way back. In fact, I replaced one of them because I put my foot down one day only to have the axle literally shear in half. Screw that.

I've ordered tons of stuff from them without issue. Those axles were great. Not to mention they were significantly thicker than the POS aftermarket axles that our mechanic had put in the car way back. In fact, I replaced one of them because I put my foot down one day only to have the axle literally shear in half. Screw that.

"Them" you mean Subarupartsforyou?

Just a quick update, the axles shipped yesterday from FWE. If you're interested in working with them, be prepared for a long wait, it took about a week from the time I placed the order, for them to ship it. I'm guessing it's worth the wait since everyone has only good things to say about FWE. Marshall, the guy I spoke with over there, was very nice so I didn't mind the wait.

If you're interested in ordering from them, you have to e-mail "fw1@juno.com" with your request, then you will get the info below. Once you decide what you need, you pay them via PayPal and they get back to you with a confirmation and a few days later with the tracking info.

We have remanufactured axles for:

1973-1999= $85.00 each exchange, Reman. CV:

2000-2004=$95.00 each exchange, Reman CV:

$35.00 Core charge per axle: Refundable when core is received back.

$35.00 Shipping & Handling for one axle, Shipping for 2 Axles $ 55.00:

CORES: Cores are very important to us. Save yourself the shipping.

Your charges with a genuine Subaru core would be:

$85.00/$95.00 (per axle)

$35.00 core charge per axle

$35.00 shipping for one axle and $55.00 shipping for two.

You do have 45 days to send the cores back to us; once we receive them we refund your core charge.

Your charges without genuine Subaru core would be:

$85.00/$95.00 (per axle)

$20.00 core charge (per axle)

$35.00 shipping for one axle and $55.00 for two

You do not send your cores back and we do not refund your core charge.

These Prices do not include: Certain Year Foresters, SVX, STI, XT-6, Custom, and Rear Axles.

We also offer a New CV program: $ 20.00 more per axle we will build you axles with a New CV joint. "Very Nice Quality", Not Genuine Subaru.

All axles have a one year warranty parts only.

We will not warranty any axles used in: Modified or Transmissions Swaps, Lifted, Race, Stunt, Off-Road Race, Vehicles.

Should you decide to order you can do so Thur PayPal.com

http://www.paypal.com , Go to Send Money, fw1@juno.com

You can pay with credit card, and put all vehicle information along with all shipping information.

PLEASE NOTE: Axles ship via UPS Ground, orders processed, usually within 24 to 48 hrs.

Of fund clearing PayPal Acct. Should you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Thank You for your inquiry, we look forward to your order.

Axle Nuts, Spring pins, grease seals, installation instructions, we do not provide.

FW Enterprises LLC.

Formerly: “MWE Axles”.

2595 S. Salida Street.

Aurora, Colorado. 80013

Phone: 1-303-522-8070

Email: fw1@juno.com or mwolf1303@juno.com

Archived