LegacyGT.com

Oil leaking at Turbo-AVCS Connection

Hey guys, I had a new (to me) engine installed in my 07 legacy spec b. The AVCS line on the new one was broken so we re-used my old one, however once fitted to the oil feed line on the turbo the connection was leaking. We replaced the turbo oil feed line with a brand new one however there is still oil leaking out of the connection to the AVCS line (oil is coming out from the turbo side).

Pic:

http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah56/ahmad_kab0kab101/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_3614_zpsc797cb32.jpg

As you can see its leaking from the top and oozing down. Not sure if the problem is in the new pipe or in the AVCS line, or if there is supposed to be some kind of washer in between the two which is whats causing the leak.

Thanks!!

They are not seated together correctly, from the pic it looks like the bottom is cross-threaded in to me.

Thanks for the input, I took them apart and realized that the threads of the connector on the AVCS line are dethreaded, which is why I'm thinking its leaking.

Anyone have a part number for that AVCS line? I can't seem to find it for 07+ cars. Or anyone have any idea if the p&l braided kit will work, from my understanding the AVCS lines are routed differently 07+.

Archived