LegacyGT.com

Stanced Widebody 98 Legacy

My spring rate on my coilovers make the ride not to bad. As for clearance with tires I wont be rubbing and ruining tires that bad. Ill scrape everywhere yes but that part of the low lifestyle. Side skirts might get torn up but I paid $20 for them so im not to worried lol. Exhaust will be tucked up as far as possible and a skid plate will protect my oil pan

I just can't help but think-- raise up half an inch and go put those tires to use :D

But at the end of the day it's your car and it will look pretty cool.

How are you going to blend the fiberglass into the door panels?

Yeah i tried and they said since it left their lot and i didn't check the oil that they are not responsible. its bullshit but its been awhile now and i already have a buddy hooking me up with a good cheap motor so its all good

I can see their reasoning for it, but I don't think that absolves them of liability. You might want to contact the attorney general's office or BBB.

If it's done like crap, it will look like crap, and it will be crap. Just make sure you do it really really well and you will never have to fear it being called crap.... it will be awesome!!

<<<<Hahahah. Post 11,111

If it's done like crap, it will look like crap, and it will be crap. Just make sure you do it really really well and you will never have to fear it being called crap.... it will be awesome!!

<<<<Hahahah. Post 11,111

Thats why I'm taking my time. This is my first time working with fiberglass so it is a little difficult. I am learning as i go! But i am a perfectionist so if its not perfect i will not use it

I decided to change my design due to the first one taking so much time to do. I have not given up on the original design. I will continue on it next year. For right now I need to get it done so I can use my car again. Not having a car when winter has started sucks! I will post pictures later once I can get back on my computer

I would almost suggest using 02-07 WRX metal rear quarter panels to weld onto this instead of fiberglass.

Also, if you're going to be a perfectionist...don't use those seats. Those look like an eBay deathtrap.

Its a major budget build. Being a perfectionist doesn't mean using expensive parts but yes the seats will be replaced later on. these were just free so i decided to use them for now. As far as the quarter panels go i thought about that but for now this will work. Plus i always liked making my own parts and being "one of a kind"

So i found this badass legacy in Canada for sale the other day! I keep having thought of making a drift wagon out of mine after seeing this!

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b484/Daniel_TreyJack_Knippel/14002_10204928696954721_4535925954191891104_n_zps7aa7a2f5.jpg' alt='14002_10204928696954721_4535925954191891104_n_zps7aa7a2f5.jpg'>

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b484/Daniel_TreyJack_Knippel/10599461_10204928698314755_9033134395707011675_n_zpse406e909.jpg

I also decided to change my design a little to save time and cost. I have not given up my original idea. Just put it on hold for awhile in order to get this project back on the road

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b484/Daniel_TreyJack_Knippel/10448784_10204946404997411_1327825716596092144_n_zps636a1195.jpg' alt='10448784_10204946404997411_1327825716596092144_n_zps636a1195.jpg'>

• 2 months later...

Not really man. All i have done since my last post was pulled the old motor to find that i need about $700 worth of parts (clutch, flywheel, throwout bearing, header, ect) before the new motor can go back in. Ive been short on cash lately due to my hours at work getting cut back and havent really been working on the widebody lately due to how cold it is here and all i have to heat my garage is a small space heater that doesnt do shit. lol it is warming up this weekend so i am going to try and work on the widebody a little more and hope that my tax return will cover most if not all of the parts that i need to put this new motor in. I know once the new motor is in that i will be a lot more motivated to finish the body work and get it back on the road! Ill post a few pics of some recent updates this weekend. If you want to follow my build more follow me on instagram or facebook @flatbrokestatus

just found this thread, looks awesome, any updates?

Archived