LegacyGT.com

I bought a 92 Legacy AWD 2.2 last weekend for $500. Im having an issue with one or more injector. What happens is when its cold out the car will try and idle at 100-400 rpm and it will misfire like crazy and sometimes stall the engine. It will do it when its warm too just not nearly as bad, it idles at about 400-500 then and seams to do ok.

Another reason that makes me think its an injector is that it will surge at low rpm, in gear, and accelerating (like 1500 rpm).

Also when the gas peddle gets to about half throttle, the engine looses a considerable amount of power. And when I back off it a little the power comes back.

I ran a half can of seafoam through it and dint seam to help that much. I pulled the front left injector out the other day to clean it and the thing looked brand new, which puzzled me because the car has 215000 miles and they have never been removed.

There is no CEL, so i would think that could only mean that the injector is dirty. If not what could that be? Other than diesels im use to working on carbs and points ignition.

Archived