LegacyGT.com

93 tune with or without a cai?

I have an 09 n/a legacy 2.5i looking to do a 93 tune to it right now I have installed lwcp aem hybrid intake my question is can j put a cai on and do a 93 tune with it throw a cel I know cai will mess up the mad and cause a cell but would a 93 protune fix that or not? Some people say yes and some say no I just wanna ask fellow members about it and get there opinions

No, this has been discussed. A CAI isn't going to net you any gains, could be worse than stock because the stock intake already acts as a CAI. Stick with your hybrid intake and go get that protune.

I wouldn't get your hopes up, I don't think it would do much if anything. It's not worth the cost and hassle of installing it when the car will literally feel the same. There's really not much to be gained in terms of performance in a 2.5i. I know that's not what you want to here, but it's the truth. I had a 2.5i for 2 years and I did plenty of research. I'd just get a tune and be done with performance stuff, then maybe focus on performance and handling.

I personally wouldn't spend/waste money on modding an NA Legacy. If I did, I'd go turbo.

I have my sleeper 3800 boosted Buick grandpamobile for spending/wasting money and bashing egos for that hehe. I have love for both cars, especially maintaining them in top shape.

Archived