LegacyGT.com

Quick Question about Lugs

Nachowang

This is my 1st time buying aftermarket rims so please bare with me.

I'm very close to buying a set of enkei rims 17x7 5-100 38 on www.tires.com, im searching under 2004 Subby WRX for my 05 LGT, one of the options they add was $45 extra for the "wheel installation kit" aka lugs.

My question is: Will I need these lugs for the new rims or will my stock ones do, and also do these lugs for the 04 WRX even fit an 05's LGT?

Thank you in advance

They had a 800 number so I called it and said lug size is the same. So im guessing I can use my stock ones.

BUT, they told that in their system it says minimum of 41mm offset for a 17x7 so now im getting conflicting stories. So right now im feeling like this: :confused:

This is my 1st time buying aftermarket rims so please bare with me.

I'm very close to buying a set of enkei rims 17x7 5-100 38 on www.tires.com, im searching under 2004 Subby WRX for my 05 LGT, one of the options they add was $45 extra for the "wheel installation kit" aka lugs.

My question is: Will I need these lugs for the new rims or will my stock ones do, and also do these lugs for the 04 WRX even fit an 05's LGT?

Thank you in advance

Even some lugs provided by such companies are still too big for the socket to fit in the lug hole because the "tuner" lugs they gave you are still too big (usually you might need a thin-walled socket to get to it). Since you are buying aftermarket wheels, it's best to save that money from the lug kit and get yourself the McGard SplineDrive Tuner Lugs which are very well designed and have the least amount of hassles based on fitment, seating, and security. The lug sizes you need are a set of 20 12mm x 1.25mm pitch lugs.

Keefe

They had a 800 number so I called it and said lug size is the same. So im guessing I can use my stock ones.

BUT, they told that in their system it says minimum of 41mm offset for a 17x7 so now im getting conflicting stories. So right now im feeling like this: :confused:

If you go by my offset wheel FAQ, you won't have any more :confused: feelings.

From my experience with Enkei wheels, the stock lugs probably wont fit in the lug holes, you should look into buying some quality tuner lugs as I mentioned in the 3rd post.

Keefe

• 10 months later...
Even some lugs provided by such companies are still too big for the socket to fit in the lug hole because the "tuner" lugs they gave you are still too big (usually you might need a thin-walled socket to get to it). Since you are buying aftermarket wheels, it's best to save that money from the lug kit and get yourself the McGard SplineDrive Tuner Lugs which are very well designed and have the least amount of hassles based on fitment, seating, and security. The lug sizes you need are a set of 20 12mm x 1.25mm pitch lugs.

+1, after reading this, got myself a set and they are awsome! It even work on my aftermarket spare wheel.:icon_bigg Thanks

Archived