LegacyGT.com

Pre-Owned LGT with Aftermarket Mods

STidriver86

Honestly it's been so long since it was in house up here I couldn't even begin to guess. It seems like it's been thru the hands of a few different owners since we have seen it, so who even knows if the tune has been messed with/parts changed.

When we had it in house it was a well put together car and very strong.

That was it! That was done on the old dynopack we used to use. That tune date was when we uploaded it to the site, we tuned the car back in 2011.

I'd love to check out the car.

If STidriver and I can get our schedules to sync up, I might be able to help him w/ some exploratory datalogging before laying into the throttle too much. I'm decently experienced w/ the logging/interpretation, have laptop w/ OpenPort 2.0 and the Romraider logger that I used to use on my 05 Saabaru 9-2X Aero. I have an AP2 and AP3 for my 05 OBXT but they're both SUB-002 and aren't compatible w/the 07.

• 5 weeks later...

Update for you, folks.

Got the car registered in NJ. License plates on both ends (with a relocation kit in the mail for the front to clear the airflow for the FMIC), 14-day inspection waiver, etc.

Took it to NJ DMV to get it inspected. Found out it has NO cats anywhere in the system. I knew previously that the COBB DP was catless, but I didn't know that the exhaust was catless as well. HELP!

I now have until December 31st to get it fixed. I'm considering buying the current COBB 3" DP, as it does have a cat on it. I'm also taking it to my mechanic to have him lift it up this afternoon and double-check that the whole system is indeed catless. I'm really hoping I don't have to spend the money for a new cat, but if that's what it takes, so be it. Any suggestions are welcome.

Also, for you dataloggers, I haven't had a chance to get any equipment to perform any datalogging yet, but I'm hoping to change that at some point soon.

Found out it has NO cats anywhere in the system. I knew previously that the COBB DP was catless, but I didn't know that the exhaust was catless as well. HELP!

I now have until December 31st to get it fixed. I'm considering buying the current COBB 3" DP, as it does have a cat on it. I'm also taking it to my mechanic to have him lift it up this afternoon and double-check that the whole system is indeed catless. I'm really hoping I don't have to spend the money for a new cat, but if that's what it takes, so be it. Any suggestions are welcome.

Really? You didn't know? :rolleyes: The downpipe is where the cats are in this car. You'll need to put a stock one on for inspection.

There are zero OBDII compliant catted downpipes on the market. If you want to save the hassle, get a GESI cat welded into your catless pipe. It is EPA certified for OBDII and performs as well or better than stock in all flow ranges, not just idle.

If I had a TIG welder, I would have put one in my now-sold Invidia catless pipe.

As for datalogging and stuff, I suggest this latest product a fellow member has been working on lately (see http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/btssm-new-product-2005-2006-lgt-models-229709.html).

It does basically everything you'd like except flashing the ecu. It works really well, very fast refresh rate, and very easy to carry around since it can be installed on an android device.

Really? You didn't know? :rolleyes: The downpipe is where the cats are in this car. You'll need to put a stock one on for inspection.

There are zero OBDII compliant catted downpipes on the market. If you want to save the hassle, get a GESI cat welded into your catless pipe. It is EPA certified for OBDII and performs as well or better than stock in all flow ranges, not just idle.

If I had a TIG welder, I would have put one in my now-sold Invidia catless pipe.

Compsurge, you'll have to forgive me for being a relative newcomer to the aftermarket tuning world. Some of this LGT's past is a mystery but I chose to take that as it was. The GESI is a good idea and something I'll definitely consider.

And as for you, bonbon, I appreciate the advice. I'll have to get an Android device, however, as my whole family runs Apple hardware and software in the house. I'm debating between that or getting a Tactrix and a netbook and calling it at that.

Update for you, folks.

Got the car registered in NJ. License plates on both ends (with a relocation kit in the mail for the front to clear the airflow for the FMIC), 14-day inspection waiver, etc.

Took it to NJ DMV to get it inspected. Found out it has NO cats anywhere in the system. I knew previously that the COBB DP was catless, but I didn't know that the exhaust was catless as well. HELP!

Also, for you dataloggers, I haven't had a chance to get any equipment to perform any datalogging yet, but I'm hoping to change that at some point soon.

I have a catted perrin downpipe for sale. I never had an issue at either the cherry hill or deptford inspection station...and this was with a catless up pipe as well. I'm only a few minutes away from you. You can pick it up today if you'd like. :)

I mentioned this to STidriver when we met up briefly this past Sat, the inspection thing might be a YMMV thing. I had my 05 OBXT inspected at the big Deptford facility last summer. Cobb catted DP, Nameless Performance resonated midpipe/y-pipe, stock mufflers.

I was standing just outside the car in the inspection lane as they rolled it over the floor-mounted camera system for the under carriage visual check. The operator rolled right past the small cat in the Cobb DP, moved it up a couple feet to the front part of the midpipe and stopped the car just before the camera would have seen the resonator.

She called over another worker who pulled out an undercarriage mirror, swept the mirror along the entire exhaust piping, then came over and asked if I had an aftermarket cat installed. Of course I said yes since it's true. He was cool, simply nodded his head, said "ok cool", went back to the inspection lane and put a passed sticker on the windshield. I was under the impression if he wasn't in the mood to believe me, he might've opted to fail me or at least ask more questions.

I have a catted perrin downpipe for sale. I never had an issue at either the cherry hill or deptford inspection station...and this was with a catless up pipe as well. I'm only a few minutes away from you. You can pick it up today if you'd like. :)

Stoplight, thanks for the offer, but I'll get a Cobb DP since it'll be a direct replacement for the catless one on it now. If you're looking for a catless DP though, I'll be selling it when I take it off. I have until the end of December to make the changes, so I've got a bit of time. I saw that you're active in the SCCA group around here! I'm planning on attending tomorrow night's meet at the Uno on Rt. 73.

Stoplight, thanks for the offer, but I'll get a Cobb DP since it'll be a direct replacement for the catless one on it now. If you're looking for a catless DP though, I'll be selling it when I take it off. I have until the end of December to make the changes, so I've got a bit of time. I saw that you're active in the SCCA group around here! I'm planning on attending tomorrow night's meet at the Uno on Rt. 73.

Don't go to UNO. You'll be the only one there tomorrow. lol We're all going to Speed Raceway in Cinnaminson Thursday night. Every other month we meet there. I believe it's $35 for 3 races.

Don't go to UNO. You'll be the only one there tomorrow. lol We're all going to Speed Raceway in Cinnaminson Thursday night. Every other month we meet there. I believe it's $35 for 3 races.

Thanks for the heads up. If I'm not working too late on Thursday and can get there I will.

Archived