LegacyGT.com

Question for those with Group N Mounts

To those who have installed these, do you have any vibration/shaking from the motor? Especially in the 1500-3000 rpm range, both at idle (always) and when driving (sometimes, If I shift PERFECT its not as noticeable). I get a constant shaking from mine and am trying to narrow down whether its coming from the engine not running properly, or if its normal for these mounts.

The mounts have a reputation of being fairly smooth with very little NHV but that's not been my experience so far. I just don't know if its the mounts, or something else that's going on. If you own these, please share your experience. Thanks!

Possibly a vacuum leak. I had a lot of vibration on a broken OEM dual mass.

It's a boxer. They are by no means a smooth engine.

Did a boost test, no leaks. Would that account for vacuum too, or do I need a separate test for that?

It does still have the stock DMF. Planning to swap in a new clutch and SMF in the spring. In the back of my mind I was thinking it could be something in the driveline. But its not constant, the shaking/roughness varies. If something was broken I would assume it would be a constant issue.

Thanks for the ideas. Keep em coming!

Idle, 1500, and 2400-2500 were distinctly noted with my DMF IIRC.

That's exactly where I'm feeling the roughness. Goes away after 3,000 rpm. That's gotta be it. Can anyone else who had a DMF confirm?

Figures, I didn't bother doing the clutch when swapping the motor last month cause it "looked" fine. Guess I'll have to tear back into it before the snow comes.

Archived