LegacyGT.com

MAF pigtail?

I have been having some AF learning issues and am 99% sure I finally solved it. Just went to get some breakfast for my co worker and I, and I left work with perfect AF learning #'s, then when I got back in my car to leave and head back to work the car ran really rough when I started it and was super super rich, then smoothed out. I did a pull getting on the highway and my AF had my wideband pegged at 10, I usually run around 11 under WOT. As I drove my AF learning started diving again, got to work and it was at -14. Though oh **** finally I can check fuel pressure, got out and it was perfect 38. I then was playing and touched the MAF plug and wires to make sure it was not loose, and when I moved the harness, then car changed how it was running. I could sit there and move it and listen to it change back and forth.

Short version, 99% sure I need a new MAF pigtail. Anyone know if Subaru sells them? I cant find one on the parts site....

• 3 months later...
Hi, I'm having the exact same problem. Fuel trims all out of whack. Checked for leaks etc.. Then I moved the MAF wiring near the plug and all of a sudden all good. MAF voltage back down to where it should be. Did you find a new plug?

Archived