LegacyGT.com

NYPPD intercooler

Looks like a perrin/avo knock off. Just like the IPR, etc. Some people have great luck with the knock offs, however, you can likely find a used Perrin or AVO that's in great shape for the same cost.

Also, these smaller companies have much 'looser' quality control in my experience.

Looks like a perrin/avo knock off. Just like the IPR, etc. Some people have great luck with the knock offs, however, you can likely find a used Perrin or AVO that's in great shape for the same cost.

Also, these smaller companies have much 'looser' quality control in my experience.

This.

I looked at it, and while it looks beefy and solid, you can bet there's little to no real engineering put into it -- it's a core, welded with end tanks measured to fit. For the $400 that one is, you might as well just wait and pony up the other $250 for something name-brand that was engineered, designed, and built to spec for our cars.

yeah, if its like the FMS/IPR prepare for some irregular fit, clutch master rubbing, helicoiling, flakey paint and a hassle every time you take it off.

If you're down with that, I'd just wait for a used one of those which sell in $200-250 range and has probably already been helicoiled.

Archived