LegacyGT.com

Random Funny Video! Volume-2

SBT

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
If you're running Windows. Close all your windows, shut down your computer, run around the house three times, power up computer while standing on your head, log in with only your tongue, then it should work. If you're running Linux,... well, you probably aren't, cuz Linux doesn't have problems like that.

If you're running Windows. Close all your windows, shut down your computer, run around the house three times, power up computer while standing on your head, log in with only your tongue, then it should work. If you're running Linux,... well, you probably aren't, cuz Linux doesn't have problems like that.

Linux: It's free if your time is worth nothing.

Except Windows wastes more of your time as if it's worth nothing. Ever have to wait for updates? They take 10 times longer on WIndows, and you can't do a thing while it's updating.

With Linux, updates happen in the background, while you stay busy with more important stuff, and no reboot is required, unless it's a kernel update or version upgrade. Even then, a simple reboot and you're back to work. With Windows, you reboot, then it tells you it's 12% done, and you have to look at a pretty colored screen while windows wastes another 20-40 minutes of your time.

Too many delays and frustrations with Windows. I don't use it unless I have to.

(posted from Opera browser on Linux Mint)

I've been playing around with Pearl Linux lately too - It's a Mac-like Linux based on Ubuntu & Mint, using a modified MATE desktop. Been using a Mac a little too, and I'm finding a new-found dislike for Macs as well - rather inefficient interface. No wonder they put the dock at the bottom, the App window is too inefficient. Having all your program menus on the top bar is also inefficient. Your mouse pointer has to cover too much real-estate to get there. Wastes time and energy every time you go for the menus (especially with a 34" ultra-wide display - it's a lot of pixels to cover to get there)

Oh, in case you're thinking, "Well it's basically the same with Linux because you have to go all the way down to the "Start" menu like in Windows," well, it's not. With a few clicks, I configured my desktop so a left-click anywhere on the desktop brings up the application menu. All I need is a few pixels of visible space and I have my app menu.

Edited by SubieDriver

• 2 weeks later...
Get? Looks like he got pretty badly messed up on his own.

I wonder if the house survived.

Oops, I meant point a link to the piston return springs. But ya that fool burned down that house.