LegacyGT.com

RPM randomly dips while driving.

I tried looking up my specific issue but didn't find anything so I apologize if it's been done to death.

My RPM's randomly dip while driving at a slow speed (30 kmph or so) just for a moment. I don't feel any difference nor does it feel like I will stall. Subaru had done a computer update on it when I got the car (it was used) and it corrected the problem.

It idles around 600rpm. Is that normal for a NA auto? Perhaps I'm used to my Honda which idled higher but was manual.

It does not dip at idle. Only when low speeds.

I got a P0028 code a few days ago, checked everything that I could check and all seemed fine. Code is out but car doesn't seem like it usually is and has been doing this dipping thing since.

I drive an 08 NA leggy, auto (waah).

Any help is appreciated so I don't have to take it to the stealership so they can bend me over on pricing.

Hi there. Do you change engine's oil regularly and do you check the oil level? Similar problems are related to oil :

http://engine-codes.com/p0028_subaru.html#disqus_thread

And yes, Subaru NA engines idle super low, so no worries.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Hi there. Do you change engine's oil regularly and do you check the oil level? Similar problems are related to oil :

http://engine-codes.com/p0028_subaru.html#disqus_thread

Hello! I bought the car about 4000kms ago and it had an oil change right before I bought it. I constantly check my fluid levels as well. She is going in next Monday for an oil change to see if that will help the issue.

Archived