LegacyGT.com

clicking sound

aizen

hi guys, just changed my brake pads. Installed genuine stock pads. Theres a loud clicking sound from the right front wheel. the sound is there on applying brake- worse down hill when slowing the car down. When I release the brake pad, the sound disappears...the other wheels are okay. What do you think guys? Am considering replacing the front brake pads as I doubt the ones I installed...

I don't think the pads are the problem. I'm thinking the problem is with the brake pad clips. I too get a loud clicking noise, but only when I'm applying the brakes, and slowly pulling into a parking spot. I think my problem is that I'm using aftermarket brake pad clips which seem cheaper and not as strong as thick and strong as the oem pad clips.

Maybe the pad clips aren't fully seated in the brake pad caliper?

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/MINI/33-BRAKES-Brake_Pad_Replacement/images_med/Pic17.JPG

hi guys, thanks for the prompt replies. Am currently on stock on everything. Just discovered that the outer brake is missing the ?tensioner clip...could this be causing the clicking sound. The other front tyre has it.see the below pic with the arrow.....

brake.jpg.e74920f0b4df86530d8bef471f4e45d1.jpg

I was having problems like this and replaced my front rotors, pads and rebuilt the calipers and did a complete flush. Found that the rubber bushings in my slide pins were swelled up and wouldn't even let me reinsert them into the holes. Removed them and all is good. My pistons were slightly mucked up too, could be part of the issue?

Why oh why would you ever use stock pads... They are made by Hitachi. When you hear "Hitachi", does it drum up images of confident and reliable braking performance to you? ;)

And did you install them yourself? If so, did you install them CORRECTLY? Those clips stay on TOP of your caliper and move freely. They do not get pushed/wedged in between the caliper.

Why oh why would you ever use stock pads... They are made by Hitachi. When you hear "Hitachi", does it drum up images of confident and reliable braking performance to you? ;)

And did you install them yourself? If so, did you install them CORRECTLY? Those clips stay on TOP of your caliper and move freely. They do not get pushed/wedged in between the caliper.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately other brake pads types aren't available in my country 😔. And I installed them correctly.noted the sound was gone after I "pulled" the metallic plates on the calipers 😳😳🎉🎉

Actually, yes. Are there better pads to choose from? Yes.

Hitachi is a Japanese megaconglomerate. Subaru specified pads to meet safety regulations. If there's a problem with the stock pads, it is Subaru who is at fault.

When you hear the term "Fuji Heavy Industries", does it drum up images of the best all-wheel-drive system on the market?

Actually, yes. Are there better pads to choose from? Yes.

Hitachi is a Japanese megaconglomerate. Subaru specified pads to meet safety regulations. If there's a problem with the stock pads, it is Subaru who is at fault.

When you hear the term "Fuji Heavy Industries", does it drum up images of the best all-wheel-drive system on the market?

Fair enough.

Hi guys, the sound is still there.....I think I had wishful hearing ��. Thinking of a caliper exchange. someone please talk me out of it.....���� the clicking is really annoying
Take a picture of the pads installed in the caliper please? I'm sorry but I'm still leaning towards user install error at this point.

Archived