LegacyGT.com

springs progress vs tein h-tech a review

Jaxx

so having been one of the only ppl here to have had 2 aftermarket spring setups i thought i would give my review here

progress - cheep i only paid 155 shipped for mine, there is no room for error when assembling the front spring/top hat any alignment will result in clunking both front and rear are linear springs

Tein H tech also cheep - 170 shipped the front spring is longer .. should make assembly easier both front and rear are progressive springs

the h-tecs are much closer to the stock ride .. it took my parents out when i had the progress springs my mom proceeded to spill coffee all over her self due to the stiff springs

the h-techs are slightly higher in the front maybe 1/4" and 1/2" higher in the rear

i switched as i need the ground clearance for winter but i actually like the progress better .. it just make the car handle .. sharper but the h-techs feel more OEM like

ps progress springs are for sale in private

I have set of tein ht's to be installed too. How about comparing the Tein's vs stock ?

The Ion guy said "waterdish - The TEIN springs you're referring to are for looks only. Ours are designed for performance in mind. Our material used is different as well." Is this just vendor bias or what....

Jim

it took me 4 months to find the the clunk in the progress but after trying lots of things i had a perfectly quite car .. for 3 days then switched to h-tech

is the clunk from the front or back

i wrapped the bottom coil on the front springs with the material that you line tool boxes with it helped immensely

pm me for details

Archived