LegacyGT.com

2000 LGY GT Limited what can i do with this car

Okay, Hey guys i have been searching these forums for about 2 days looking for answers to my questions but i cant get a direct answer its always ifs and maybes and try this or go to this i need a straight answer! So please anyone answer these three questions

1. this car is plain boring in the US you guys already know why but im stuck with it for at least a year or 2 so what can do to it to make it look and sound nice without swapping an wrx/sti motor

2. I want that Subaru rumble! do i just need an Exhaust or headers or just the whole catback and please name the exhaust or send a link

3. This one is the question no knows which i find funny considering this is a legacygt forum :mad: what type of coilovers can i use for a good lowered, nice fitment look or just lowered that's it, i know i cant use TEIN or EIbachs sadly :spin:

Car Info: 2000 Legacy GT Limited

Miles: 119k

100% Stock

Pretty Damn Clean for a 14 year old car

623031697_IMG_10781.thumb.jpg.e87144b8aaf375bf3a03175394431d34.jpg

690995523_IMG_10801.thumb.jpg.6b50a9ccb7863d5325c59d82f7fd6389.jpg

1746647281_IMG_10811.thumb.jpg.18905a42877745033146f67a7d55efa1.jpg

Yes, it looks pretty good for a 14 years old four wheeler.

Personnally, I hate lowered slamed suspension. I see no benefit on public roads for a four season use. And a Subaru is perfectly fit to run all year (especially winter). You can choose a bilstein suspension from a JDM Legacy B4 that improves handling while keeping a good ride quality. You can change those wheels for OEM 17" from an Ouback or a Forester. They have 48 mmm offset instead of 53 or 55, this will improve stance. You migth also want to get a 20 mm adjustable rear swaybar (whiteline) instead of that ridiculous 14 mm OEM swaybar.

I believe that could be a good start at low cost.

PS: How ironic. You had a WRX with a reliable USDM EJ20t and now a stock 2000 Legacy with the EJ25 which has its bad reputation (head gaskets, continuous piston slap, knocking...) has taken the WRX's place. Since I swapped a rebuilt EJ20t on my Suby, I can understand why you find yours a little annoying ;)

To get the Subaru rumble the only thing you need are unequal length headers. Borla makes them for our cars.

I have never tested Tein coilovers myself but I do have some that will be for sale for 1100 shipped if you're interested. The shocks are in proper working order. Everything has been repainted (no rattle can either). They look flawless.

You got a lot of solid answers in the other post you made. The thing about this car is most of the parts are if's and maybe's. Very few things that you are looking for are popular for this generation, at least not popular enough to have a ton of feedback. There is a whole thread in here with different exhaust set-ups and videos to check out how they sound. Jacobpockros is probably your best suspension resource around here, also.

Archived