LegacyGT.com

My log - thoughts?

ssbtech

Def not a fan of those FBKC #'s, esp the increasing timing pull as RPM climbs. My math might be wrong, but your peak target boost is listed as 194.65 kPA absolute, which at sea level would be about 13.5 psi. Your MRP sea-level values seem to indicate you're a few psi below target boost -- but if you're not at/close to sea level, you might want to use the regular Manifold Relative Pressure parameter instead. Maybe you have a leak that's throwing off your fuel trims? Can you get a Live View, or do a quick log of AF Learning #1 A, B, C, D? Although your AF Correction #1 goes to 0 right around 3k rpm so it looks like no fuel adjustments are being applied after 3k rpm...

I d/l the 2005 USDM OBXT stock map (whose CAL ID matches mine) from the Romraider site, and pulled it into RomRaider's ECU Editor.

Looks like the stock boost targets are 13.54 psi at 2400-3600rpm, tapering to 10.25 psi at 6400rpm (8.51 psi at 6800 rpm).

2005_USDM_OBXT_5MT_stock_boost_targets.jpg

I'm guessing if he's logging in kPa he probably doesn't have the US model lol...

sh-t you're right :) I thought that to myself and apparently forgot about it during the 30 sec search for the stock ROMs over on RomRaider.

Looks like I'm running A2WC522N for the ROM. Yes, it's for an 05 Legacy... on my Outback...

so it's still running a USDM calibration. my OBXT runs A2WC510N, also a USDM calibration file.

Can I download that colourful chart right from my car using RR ECU Editor?

If you open the .hex in RR ECU Editor, and navigate to the Boost Control - Target -> Target Boost A, you'll see the current boost targets. It's been a while since I've done stuff in Open Source, but you should be able pull down your car's actual calibration using ECUFlash. I believe you mentioned that your car is running stock calibration, so you should be able to just d/l the stock ROM from here, and open that in RR ECU Editor. http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7591&sid=35374936d220f7eceb35baaf155c1750

The targets appear to be the same as what I posted above for the other CAL ID, 13.54 psi peak.

I was also under the impression that the engine won't necessarily hit the target boost levels, the targets are just there to allow the engine to make the maximum boost that it can.

In my experience you should still be able to hit or get real close to target, esp at transition, through peak torque and at least a bit beyond that. One of the problems w/ setting unrealistically high boost targets, esp at lower RPM, is that turbodynamics integral typically winds up and often leads to overshoot around transition.

It certainly doesn't feel like I'm hitting maximum boost at 2500RPM, that's for sure.

My recent LV shows 1.9 for column 1, 1.00 for column 2, -3.4 for column 3 and -6.9 for column 4 which is kinda useless with the stock rear O2 sensor anyway.

I did correct a boost leak at the manifold inlet hose a couple of months ago and that helped the 1 and 2 columns a lot.

It certainly doesn't feel like I'm hitting maximum boost at 2500RPM, that's for sure.

My recent LV shows 1.9 for column 1, 1.00 for column 2, -3.4 for column 3 and -6.9 for column 4 which is kinda useless with the stock rear O2 sensor anyway.

I did correct a boost leak at the manifold inlet hose a couple of months ago and that helped the 1 and 2 columns a lot.

The -3.4 and -6.9 are probably due to a leak (although -3.4 is still within acceptable range). AFAIK the D range value (-6.9) gets applied to open loop which might be causing a lean condition under boost, which in turn might be inducing knock.

A few months back I did a leak test and found the short hose between the IC and TB was leaking. I pulled out the rubber rings on either end of it, cleaned up the hose and reinstalled, sans rings.

Today I did another test and I think I hear the leaking from that hose again. Other than re-seating it and tightening up the clamps a bit more, is there anything else I should check around there?

Thanks.

Archived