LegacyGT.com

Galaxy S5 2010 Nav BT, 2013 non nav phone querk

Peaty

I'm not sure where else to ask this so I'm plunking it here. I've just upgraded my phone to a Galaxy S5 from the S3. I have a 2010 Legacy 3.6R with the NAV. I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue. My Bluetooth seems to work fine except for one condition. If my phone's screen locks I can't make a call from the car's head unit. If I press a speed dial it just says disconnecting. I can receive calls and it will hook back up (while locked) if I turn the car on and off. If I unlock the phone with my password, I can then call from the head unit.

I've called sprint and the guy was nice but never had that happen before and we spent a while on the phone but nothing works other than entering my pin.

Sadly, my work e-mail and calender apps on the phone make it so I can not turn off the security of having either a PIN or Password.

Just wondering if anyone else has come across this. It's the same with my wife's 2013 non nav BT in her OB.

It's going to be a major PITA to have to enter my pin to make a call, kind of defeats the purpose of the hands free I like so much.

Peaty,

2019 Imp Sport 5 Dr (Mine) 2013 Outback Premium (Wife's)

2010 Legacy 3.6R (Son), 2001 Forester S (other son)

1999 Miata (my summer ride)

Okay never mind, I found the setting buried in the menu

Phone >Settings > Call Settings > Call Accessories > Outgoing Call Conditions > Select even when Phone is Locked.

That was fun...

Peaty,

2019 Imp Sport 5 Dr (Mine) 2013 Outback Premium (Wife's)

2010 Legacy 3.6R (Son), 2001 Forester S (other son)

1999 Miata (my summer ride)

Archived