LegacyGT.com

Aftermarket Steering Wheel Hub

Hey there,

Looking to install an aftermarket steering wheel on my 2006 Legacy GT.

Anyone who has an aftermarket steering wheel in their car please let me know which hub you ordered, where you got it from and which steering wheels it is compatible with.

I have done a ton of searching and can't find a solid answer, I understand a lot of people don't put aftermarket steering wheels in these cars.

Also I want to be 100% sure that I can retain the clock spring to cancel turn signals, and I want to be able to retain my horn. Do not need to keep cruise control, and don't need to bypass airbags as my light is already on after installing aftermarket seats in my car.

Is there any hub kit on the market that I can buy that will maintain the turn signal canceling and horn?

Thanks in advance!

you are looking for a removable option? Or just wanting to remove the airbags?

Just want something smaller, deep, and preferably with suede for good grip with gloves, the factory leather wrapped wheel is very slippery for hot track days

Just want something smaller, deep, and preferably with suede for good grip with gloves, the factory leather wrapped wheel is very slippery for hot track days

Do you put leather treatment on your steering wheel? that mekes it slick when it bleeds out.

Check into driving gloves with suede fingers or stickum - omp evo one is what I use. They have lasted 3 years.

Small diameter makes the steering effort higher. Smaller thickness on the rim gives you less grip surface. If you are running straight nomex (with no gripping surface) you'll want to try alot of options before choosing a wheel.

Do you put leather treatment on your steering wheel? that mekes it slick when it bleeds out.

Check into driving gloves with suede fingers or stickum - omp evo one is what I use. They have lasted 3 years.

Small diameter makes the steering effort higher. Smaller thickness on the rim gives you less grip surface. If you are running straight nomex (with no gripping surface) you'll want to try alot of options before choosing a wheel.

Appreciate your input, I haven't used any treatment on the wheel.

Still have my heart set on an aftermarket wheel though

Archived