LegacyGT.com

Yakima railgrab

darkwagon

What is the EZ rail system? I recently got the dealer crossbars, but they aren't fitting on my '07 wagon. I'm probably going to take them back, so I'm looking at other solutions. What was the issue with the Yakima railgrab? From the photos I've seen, it looks like it would work -- at least it won't have the same problem as the dealer crossbars, which don't fit because the bottom jaw is too long.

rail grabbers work fine. i have them on my wagon. you just need to call/email them and ask for the shortest claw assembly. they only include the medium and large (weird i know) but the shortest one works fine. they didnt charge me anything, just included them. this was last yr so might have changed to include them now.

also if you dont have a sunroof i believe the medium size claws work fine, its only if you have a sunroof you NEED the shorts claw assembly.

Just finished installing the Railgrab. Installation was easy, and it looks like it will work fine. Came pre-installed with the short claw (the medium and long claws were in the box too). The only drawback I can see is that they use the round bars, rather than the newer aero (which might create more road noise). For me, this turned out to be a plus, because I'd saved a pair of old Yak bars from a pickup rack I used years ago. I just cut the them down with a hacksaw, installed the new endcaps (which also came with the Railgrab) and was good to go.

Archived