LegacyGT.com

Bluetooth Audio

DammyO

Can I hijack this thread to ask.... how about for the 2005/06 owners, who do not have a female Aux in jack ??

I just picked up a 2006 and was thinking of installing my jazzy mod wire I had lying around from my previous 05 lgt..... but then I said to myself, "Mike, it's time to get with the times and get some type of Bluetooth functionality".

I think this would be easy if I had the female Aux in jack, but alas, I don't. That said do I have an easier option over:

1) Jazzy Mod Auxilary cable (already own)

2) Male -> female aux converter [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Honsky-Female-Headphone-Adapter-Samsung/dp/B00PKHBCAU/ref=sr_1_sc_3?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1427818398&sr=1-3-spell&keywords=auxilary+in+male+to+female]Amazon.com: Honsky - (4 rings/poles)3.5mm Male to 2.5mm Female Headphone Audio Adapter cable - 3/32" to 1/8" Male to Female for Apple iPhone 3GS 4G 4S 5 Samsung Galaxy S3 S4 Galaxy Note 2 iPad 2 3 4 iPad Mini (6 inch) --- [NOT FOR XBOX ONE]: Cell Phones & Accessories[/ame]

3) Amazon Bluetooth adapter which plugs into my female adapter [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-BTC450-Bluetooth-Hands-Free-Input/dp/B009NLTW60/]Amazon.com: Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit for Cars with Aux Input Jack (3.5 mm) - supports aptX: Cell Phones & Accessories[/ame]

Does any one know if there is an easier way? Can I avoid the Jazzy Mod route so that I don't have to bother with another round of radio surgery?

Thanks guys, really do appreciate it

Can I hijack this thread to ask.... how about for the 2005/06 owners, who do not have a female Aux in jack ??

I just picked up a 2006 and was thinking of installing my jazzy mod wire I had lying around from my previous 05 lgt..... but then I said to myself, "Mike, it's time to get with the times and get some type of Bluetooth functionality".

I think this would be easy if I had the female Aux in jack, but alas, I don't. That said do I have an easier option over:

1) Jazzy Mod Auxilary cable (already own)

2) Male -> female aux converter Amazon.com: Honsky - (4 rings/poles)3.5mm Male to 2.5mm Female Headphone Audio Adapter cable - 3/32" to 1/8" Male to Female for Apple iPhone 3GS 4G 4S 5 Samsung Galaxy S3 S4 Galaxy Note 2 iPad 2 3 4 iPad Mini (6 inch) --- [NOT FOR XBOX ONE]: Cell Phones & Accessories

3) Amazon Bluetooth adapter which plugs into my female adapter Amazon.com: Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit for Cars with Aux Input Jack (3.5 mm) - supports aptX: Cell Phones & Accessories

Does any one know if there is an easier way? Can I avoid the Jazzy Mod route so that I don't have to bother with another round of radio surgery?

Thanks guys, really do appreciate it

Hmmm, there might be a way to rig it through the satellite radio input but I'm not sure. I'm sure someone with much more knowledge than me will chime in. I hope you can get it figured out.

I was so desperate at one point, I considered buying a Bluetooth speaker to keep in the car and just use that. :cool:

Archived