LegacyGT.com

finally got codes p1101 and p0441

ok so i just did a 5 speed swap on my 96 legacy ls. i have been chasing a stalling issue for months now think this has something to do w it.

p1101- nss- i used auto inhibitor switch plug from auto used 1 and 4 on that for nss, 9 and 10 reverse, and 11 and 12 spliced together. i put the starter interlock relay from donar car in my car to pedal and ignition, clutch switch is also grounded. pin 81 added and grounded. for nss i think out of ecu your supposed to have 4.5-4.7v. i do.

p0441- evaporative emission control system incorrect purge flow-

ok so basically i need some insight on this correct my mistakes. for the p0441 im lost as hell been chasing this problem for months n just now got cel, for the nss i have dbl checked my wiring and switched out nss w known working one code came back 40-50 miles later

I did the same swap and I'm throwing the same codes man. Hey humor me and check your fuel pump to make sure it's working 100%... I think we might be able to work this out between the both of us haha.

Mine went out right after the swap and I thought it was unrelated, but the wires to the fuel pump now don't get any signal. I just hardwired the pump on a switch and I toggle it manually. Are you throwing any other codes? Specifically Cyl 3 & 4 misfires?

Ok i switched ecus again my stock one wont go into manual mode for some reason and in doin that all codes are gone but the ones that the 98 legacy donor has that mine doesnt. they are; fuel pressure sensor, evap system something and another, and evap solenoid.

These 3 codes are because my 96 legacy ls uses the charcoal canister up front under hood and does not have fuel pressure sensor on sending unit. I'd have to wire them in and add the vapor canister and solenoid and the all the lines associated w them behind rear tire.

I am just gonna deal w the codes until I can find the right ecu I need one w no egr and w charcoal canister. Don't know if there is even one out there. Or if it comes down to it I'll just add the wires and what not from the donor

p0441- evaporative emission control system incorrect purge flow-

this is a vac line issue from the intake manifold over to the passenger strut tower.

there should be 2 small vac lines going over and connecting to 2 devices.

and there may be a short one connecting the 2 devices not sure?????

if both lines are in place,

check the manifold end to make sure that both are connected to the intake.

and look to see if there are any open brass nipples on the intake, underneath.

i switched ecus again my stock one wont go into manual mode for some reason
what does this mean? what is manual mode?

i thought the manual button went away in 95 ?

the ones that the 98 legacy donor has that mine doesnt. they are; fuel pressure sensor, evap system something and another, and evap solenoid.

these are ghost codes, not real codes, at least some are.

the wiring harness in the car must match the ECU,

it is does not, then the needed data, sensor signal, does not get to the necessary place in the ECU.

and it spits out a code.

i had a problem with my 98 obw, flood damage,

i installed a 97 obw ECU and got 2 codes,

improper evap flow, and traction control.

when i installed the correct ECU, both went away.

i have also used a 96 lego L ecu in a 97 GT, similar problem.

only this time is was a different code, i forget which.

but again, it went away with the correct ECU.

you need to install the correct ECU for your year.

EGR is not important, only the year, trans is not important, only the year.

in the late 90s, the ECUs were year specific, or maybe 2 years.

the harness tells the ECU if you have a manual or auto trans.

EGR is tied to the trans, the ECUS are not.

but the ecu MUST match the chassis wiring harness.

the car will run fine with the wrong one since the basics are all the same,

but any re-design they did for the new model year will show up as a code, a ghost code.

the 95 ECU is pretty different, don't use it.

until you have installed the correct ECU,

you will not know what the real problems are.

i am not a manual trans guy,

and i am really not a manual trans swap guy,

but it sounds like you have the wiring wrong.

there is something about auto vs. manual trns wiring that makes the engine idle differently.

but i thought it bumped the idle up for an auto, since there was more load on the engine.

but idk.

get the right ECU, they are cheap.

www.car-part.com, sort by zip to save shipping.

sort by price to find a bargain shipped to your door.

hell, i think i have a 96 lego L wagon auto trans ECU,

make me an offer.

good luck.

Archived