LegacyGT.com

helicopter noise?

08Legacy-GT

Ok am I crazy or what? I have an invidia catted 3" DP matted to a 2.5" magnaflow (3" tips) with the grimmspeed adaptar. This video doesnt pick it up too much, but in every gear around this lower rpms betwen 2-3 cruise speed I get an almost helicopter noise coming. When I accelerate the noise goes away. Is this just from the catted dp? or going from 3" to 2.5"? or a possible exhaust leak? I have no idea. 7 sec-15sec is when it's most present on the video, at the end I boosted it a bit and the noise went away.

http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag351/bratte88/Mobile%20Uploads/th_20140819_193224_zpscxhnrwzf.mp4

2017 Subaru STI

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i limited

I'd say exhaust leak.

Ya that's what I was thinking, but I've never had an exhaust leak so idk what it sounds like. Shitty clamps used by magnaflow too connecting the mids ect.. Maybe i'll just go under and tighten them up? Had a new donut gasket put on.

2017 Subaru STI

You can probably find it pretty easily, see if you can make it do it while parked by modulating the gas then have a buddy either look or hold the gas pedal.

Well thursday its going in the shop (next week) for brembo upgrades. While it's on the lift I'll have them check for leaks (they are the ones that put it on afterall).

2017 Subaru STI

Archived