LegacyGT.com

2015 Legacy Navigation System

15 legacy

The Bluetooth also allows you to go forward on the music. It does not allow you to list the songs lists. With the cable you can use the starlink and built in apps. I like to plug it in since I like to charge my phone anyway. Sometimes I just do straight Bluetooth. It all depends on my mood. I also have just a small length of the sub cable out of the cubby and have it closed. I rest my iPhone 6 on the small lite cubby. Fits perfectly.
---

• 1 month later...

I just got my Legacy 2015 with navigation.

I was using Garmin since long with traffic and lifetime map update.

Garmin use radio frequency to update traffic and it's "free". Once it's enabled on the GPS, the GPS listen to those signals without having to be register in a database. It's there a way to switch to that instead of satellite were you have to pay?

Map update (and POI) need to be update often if you want to get the best of your GPS, how it's supposed to be done with the Subaru ?

On the Subaru web page, they do not mention about map update for 2015 car.

And I do not think Subaru create a GPS system, who is the real manufacturer ? (Tom Tom, Kenwood, Sony...)

Thank for your input.

George

George:Add a profile so we know which vehicle model you own .

Don't stress over it. Just enjoy!

Your city doesn't make that many changes so updates aren't that important. Need up to the minute traffic if you use android Waze is the best app out there because it social supported: traffic camera, speed traps, traffic jams, disabled vehicles, speed average during slow downs etc. Also 3D Google Maps.

I own a Garmin and TomTom with free map updates.

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

• 7 months later...
We just purchased a 2015 legacy premium without navigation. We test drove one with it though, and the stereo appears to be the same. Can the navigation software be added to a legacy that didn't come with navigation?

The radios are not the same so no.

---

Archived