LegacyGT.com

2006 Legacy Throttle body issue

shehan_thora

Hi All

I recently got a Subaru Legacy 2006 2.0L with 121k on the clock.

Very recently I did an oil change and a as a practice I use STP products as a fuel additive which I use for my other Subaru's as well & I used the same on on my new buddy ...

A day after I was driving down in the traffic where as the car started jerking & the engine halted while I was in the traffic , it continued jerking & mis firing as well where finally the check engine light appeared along with the cruise control light blinking.

I put the car in the garage & did a system check where below errors incurred

P0418,

P0172,

P0638,

P2101,

P0607.

When I just checked it says system rich or something like that.

I just put the car at the dealers & they had cleaned the throttle body but seemed to be it still appears ,

Hope you can help me with the above I pray it's not going to be a thumping bill that I'm heading towards :)

Appreciate your help cos im gng kinda clueless as to what would be the next step

Thanks again

P0418,

P0172,

P0638,

P2101,

P0607.

Looking at the list I compiled: http://www.bedug.com/pics/Subaru/obdcodes_Subaru.txt

P0418 Secondary Air Pump Relay (Low)

P0172 System Too Rich (Bank 1)

P0638 Throttle Control Circuit Range/Performance Problem

P2101 Throttle Control Motor Circuit Range/Performance

P0607 Throttle Control System Circuit Range/Performance

First question is if your system voltage is OK, a bad battery can cause strange things to happen.

Also check fuses, remove each, inspect and put back.

And this should be in the 4th gen forum.

453747.png

Hi Ehsins

thanks a lot for your kind reply ,

Well system voltage seems to be fine since its got a recently replaced battery & the same time we did check all the fuses too.

My worry is we did clean the throttle body too but nothing seems to be working :(

Hi Everyone

i managed to get it done ,

it was an issue with the throttle body intake sensor,

I have no clue as to how it happened but im worried if it will happen again :( pray not though... if it does we may have to replace the entire throttle body

Just want to know a few tips as to what i should do for it to not to happen again thinking of doing up an engine tune up replacing new air filter , petrol filter & spark plugs

Or

Please do let me know your views on it too.

thanks alot for all your help the LEGACY FAMILY :) :) :)

Archived