LegacyGT.com

5eat tq converter bolts

How do you gain access to the tq converter bolts. I dropped the ps rack assuming the access cover was there. Well a rubber cover was but the metal cover looks as if you have to drop the whole sub and support the engine. To me this seems against subaru sense of things maybe im wrong.

So how do you get these basterds out

Found the access hole. for anybody in the future With the top mount off there is a access hole with a rubber cover on the right side of the engine pull that out and there is the access point.

That's pretty common knowledge, to be honest with you.

Have you got a copy of the FSM? If not, you should get one, because you're gonna need it.

I highly suggest reading up on what you're trying to do before you head out to the garage so you at least have an idea of where you're gonna be wrenching. I also happen to have some experience in this area -- You're gonna want a good offset wrench, and if you can get your hands on a ratcheting one, you'll be in way better shape than just a regular wrench.

Should you encounter some difficulty in getting one or two bolts off, or worse, you round one off before it's loose, DO NOT dissemble the entire intake manifold to fish a socket extension through it to get at the bolts from a straight angle. (I speak from experience here :lol: )

Out of curiosity, what are you up to?

Yea I know I need to get a service manual. I harp on my buddy about it when they get a new car.

I did try searching for the Info before I pulled the engine just never found it and assumed like most every other car access to the bolts from bellow.

Pulled the engine because it sound like I got 20 leprechaun with hammers beating away at cyl one. So tearing it down for inspection. Either rebuilding this block if there is minimal damage or putting a short block in it.

Yea I know I need to get a service manual. I harp on my buddy about it when they get a new car.

I did try searching for the Info before I pulled the engine just never found it and assumed like most every other car access to the bolts from bellow.

Pulled the engine because it sound like I got 20 leprechaun with hammers beating away at cyl one. So tearing it down for inspection. Either rebuilding this block if there is minimal damage or putting a short block in it.

New sb and call it a day. You won't be able to rebuild for the price of a new 255/257.

Yea ive been pricing both ways out. Ive been leaning tword a short block mainly for the reliability. I dont doubt my engine rebuilding done plenty at work. This is just my first subaru and it will be my dd

Yea ive been pricing both ways out. Ive been leaning tword a short block mainly for the reliability. I dont doubt my engine rebuilding done plenty at work. This is just my first subaru and it will be my dd

Have you rebuilt a Subaru block before? If not, you need to take the OEM route.

Subaru no. Plenty of honda that's all ive been doing at our dealer with the recalls out right now, and any cp rebuild. Ive earned the title as the engine dude. I have help a buddy disassemble his block before. And given a hand rebuilding a ej20 but ive never ran solo on a subaru block.

What I was figuring if I rebuild was im going to inspect the block and internals. Hot tank it. And if its good either doing it myself or having turnin concepts rebuild the block for me. They are a solid subaru shop local to me.

Yea I read that a few months ago. I remember when they first started making bushings in a garage and opened the shop in fairfield. Havnt talked to Clint in years but since they started doing more engine work they are a possability for me.

Most certainly stand up guys. In all their years open ive never heard a complaint unlike every other shop in cincy

Yeah exactly - all speed innovations would be another place to check out. I haven't had too many dealings with them but I know they may end up being a tad cheaper.

But TiC new shop is fantastic - location in Norwood is a bit odd but a lot more space.

Archived