LegacyGT.com

Very Rough Idle/ Code P0021

Subaguru

I noticed a couple of different threads mentioning similar conditions as those which I encountered. After a very rough shaking and low idle I brought my car immediately to the dealer.... They installed a select monitor and read a code P0021. From this point they circuit tested the OCV valves and found that one read .0500 ohms, the other 0 ohms meaning that the lefthand oil control valve was stuck in the on position. They proceeded to read the valve advance on left and right sides to find that the left side was reading 60 degrees, the right side 0. The OCV valve was stuck on which froze the intake cam pulley on lefthand side. In conclusion, they removed the front of the engine and replaced defective ocv valve and intake cam pulley... They had it for 1 week, and I just got it back this past Friday. Everything seems to be okay at this time... happy to have it back, but leary of other possible damages.... My advice, don't drive on it if it's really idling rough (I mean like the engine is going to jump out the side of the car).

• 1 month later...
I had this rough idle problem too. I did get a CEL. After abuot 7 or 8 trips to the dealer during which they replaced & cam sensor & wiring harness & also gave me the "dirty gas" excuse, it turned out to be an OCV problem. They replaced the valve & 2500 miles later & I dont have a problem. I'm actually bringing it in to the dealer tomorrow for an oil change so that if the problem comes back & can blame it on them & they cant say "well, you F-ed it up by changing the oil itself". Just a side note, my rough idle problem originally started after an oil change.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Archived