LegacyGT.com

Another LGT dies.... engine transplant in '01 2.5RS?

Best answer I can give is "it depends".

Probably something to bring up with your insurance co. If the title never leaves your hands I'd say it'll stay clean.

They're generally issued a salvage certificate/title once they enter the possession of your insurance co.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for bringing this back up. I just had a quick question if anyone can help guide me and shed some light on me.

So I found a front end clip off of ebay from Canada and it's a JDM front clip. Does anyone know if a JDM front clip bolt right up to our USDM version of the LGT? I'm highly interested in making this purchase and the seller does not know if it will fit or not. All he does is supply it.

Here is the link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FRONT-END-CO...3a3d77&vxp=mtr

The link doesn't seem to be working, but if its a complete front clip for the compatible years it should be fine. I think you may have to transfer headlights,fenders, fender liners etc. But I would imagine a front clip would contain all that.

Not sure if you having a wagon matter, definitely check into that.

Finally I haven't actually done a swap like this, just read lots of threads about it so, I could be wrong.

I can't follow that link from work, but does that front clip include engine/transmission and are you planning to swap those in as well?

There have been some issues with the longevity of JDM motors lasting very long on our crappy octane gas here in the US....I remember researching a JDM swap for my old RS and found the recommended action was to tear the JDM motor apart, use the heads and a new USDM shortblock.

But if you are just looking at the body pieces, disregard. Did you get your frame checked out?

I can't follow that link from work, but does that front clip include engine/transmission and are you planning to swap those in as well?

There have been some issues with the longevity of JDM motors lasting very long on our crappy octane gas here in the US....I remember researching a JDM swap for my old RS and found the recommended action was to tear the JDM motor apart, use the heads and a new USDM shortblock.

But if you are just looking at the body pieces, disregard. Did you get your frame checked out?

Thanks all for responding. And I do apologize i haven't been able to check back since i posted. I try to get back on as soon as I can but with my busy schedule, i haven't been able to.

Anywho, sorry for the dead link as well. The user that posted that link removed it and replaced it with this link http://www.ebay.com/itm/251662056823?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT so please try again.

To clarify, I'm not doing a whole motor swap..... mainly just the front end body parts so that's why I was wondering if the body and radiator support frame would bolt up to an exact fit to our USDM LGT models.

Did i get my frame check out? Frame is not damaged, just mainly the radiator support frame of it that would need the most work done.

Archived