LegacyGT.com

Going to the track today, any 1/4 mile guesses?

108mph is really moving, was the 100mph a result of your diff breaking? Or did you break afterwards? I thought these cars could trap nearly 100mph in stock trim.

Ran 12.9 @ 104 in my old 2.0 WRX with less than 250whp. It's amazing how much a few lbs and a 5EAT will slow you down.

Yea it seems like the legacy has a lot of added weight over the older Wrxs.. Which would cause for slower 1/4 mile times and an auto tranny is just asking for trouble at the track unless properly built

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

• 2 weeks later...
108mph is really moving, was the 100mph a result of your diff breaking? Or did you break afterwards? I thought these cars could trap nearly 100mph in stock trim.

Ran 12.9 @ 104 in my old 2.0 WRX with less than 250whp. It's amazing how much a few lbs and a 5EAT will slow you down.

All runs were brake boosting the CRAP outta it. Some launches were on full boost, others weren't quite there.

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

The filter is the first thing that the fluid hits after leaving the case.

Case-->filter-->radiator-->back to case

Gotcha thank you.

I pulled the screen off the vb, there was some crap in there. Also replaced the spin on filter.

I'm going to start a new thread with the damage. Car is back on the road now.

How long the tranny will hold up? Time will tell. So far all is good.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

I trashed my center diff not too long ago, bushings in! Probably 70 or so 3000-3200rpm brake launches (autoslalom). It didn't break at an event, as far as I could tell, but it may have been a track day that was the final straw.

First sign of a problem was pulling into a parking spot at work. More than 90* on the steering wheel and it felt like something was smacking the underside of the car near my leg.

I trashed my center diff not too long ago, bushings in! Probably 70 or so 3000-3200rpm brake launches (autoslalom). It didn't break at an event, as far as I could tell, but it may have been a track day that was the final straw.

First sign of a problem was pulling into a parking spot at work. More than 90* on the steering wheel and it felt like something was smacking the underside of the car near my leg.

I am thinking there isn't anything that can be done to our center diff's to make them "bullet proof". Brake boosting them with a small turbo puts a ton of strain on them and from what I saw in mine, the planet gears are VERY small.

Archived