LegacyGT.com

Fog Light connectors?

I found these two plugs right behind my bumper as I'm doing some test fitting for some fog lights that I purchased since mine wasn't equipped with them. Wondering if these plugs might be for that purpose? If so, where would the other end be hanging out at? It'd be a lot easier to utilize what is already ran through the chassis rather than running my own wire if possible. Thanks in advance! http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/14/esyze8ug.jpg

I don't think they're capped off anywhere. Look up a schematic for your car and use a VOM to see if there's continuity to the relay or wherever those wires lead to.

If you want I can look it up and send you the schematic when I get home this evening.

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

Thank you for the confirmation. Would the other end be connected at the fuse box somewhere, or do you think they're capped up toward where the button would have been located?

There was no button -- it's a switch on the turn signal/light stalk, similiar to the speed control on the wiper stalk. If you'd like factory-style operation, you can buy the turn signal stalk and install it, which, if you've got lights plugged into those connectors, will allow you to make proper use of that wiring. It will also illuminate an indicator on your instrument panel.

DO NOT go digging for where those wires are "capped" (?). There isn't another connector-type head on them, it's simply terminated in a harness plug, but isn't connected to anything on the switch. For reference, Subaru uses a switched-ground system.

The only way you'll be able to make use of those connectors without having to run other wires from your aftermarket lights is to utilize a stalk with the foglight switch.

Archived