LegacyGT.com

Yokohama YK580 Review

incufan1

Wanted good treadlife for my LGT, as it is my DD and also makes several medium (~300-600 mi) length road trips per year. Did some research, read some reviews, spoke to some salesmen... ended up with the YK580s. Thought I would provide a purchase-to-worn-out review. Please keep in mind, this is coming from the mindset of a DD that may or may not break the speed limit from time to time, not a track car, street racer or anything along those lines.

Had my decision down to the Bridgestone Pole Position S-04 and YK580s. Ultimately, the decision came down to the fact that PP S-04 has no mileage warranty (YK has 45k warranty, I hope to get at least 30k) and had poor reviews in snow/ice (summer tire, duh). I do have dedicated winter tires, but in Utah there is almost always an early and late storm, and I want to be ready to make it up the canyon (to snowboard) if/when that happens without swapping tires.

Purchase Day: Not much more to say, other than, I really hated the Falken Ziex that these replaced. Less than 12k miles and the tire was separating and deemed unsafe for driving by multiple tire dealers. Yes, my alignment was good. Those tires were just pure crap.

I'll try to categorize this review as best as possible to keep it consistent...

Comfort: The ride is much improved on YK580s.

Noise: Road noise.... is weird to me. I've never paid attention to it. Sorry, can't really rate that.

Handles: Turning felt good.

At speed: Haven't been past 45 mph yet, but will update once I get on the freeway for a bit.

Aesthetics: They look like new tires. a bit "beefier" than other tires I've had. Deep tread pattern.

Photos:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/09/2u9u8eqa.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/09/a9a8eryt.jpg

After driving on the freeway a couple times...

Comfort: Again, The ride is much improved on YK580s.

Handles: Lane changes felt solid. Definitely felt confidence in the way these drive at speed.

Aesthetics: They still look new after about 150 miles.

I am totally surprized that "They still look new after about 150 miles.".

Who would have expected that.

To people who claim that yk580 is the best tire ever.

What is your reference point?

Krzys

Weird right? Haha! I'm not claiming much here, just trying to provide some info... Though, I do hope they turn out to be a great tire!

Archived