LegacyGT.com

Does this log look like everything is OK? About to get a Stg2 tune.

sketron1

Just ran a 3rd gear log on the Legacy (2005 MT Wagon). Can anybody take a look to make sure everything looks okay before I go Stage 2? The car only has K&N panel filter, catless UP, and GFB BOV (75% recirc). I have a catless DP about to put on before I'm looking to get a Stage 2 E-tune. (I'm thinking of going with Cryo)

Attached are graphs of RPM vs. various logging parameters. I wasn't sure which ones were most useful, just looking to make sure the car has no vacuum leaks, etc.

1_Split_3rd gear pull (K-N, UP, BOV).pdf

4_Split_3rd gear pull (K-N, UP, BOV).pdf

7_Split_3rd gear pull (K-N, UP, BOV).pdf

Your ECU is pulling timing via Feedback Knock Control, single count (-2 deg) around 5900 rpm and increasing to a double count (-4 deg) around 6089 rpm. That means that around 5900 rpm the ECU heard knock, pulled -2 deg via FBKC, still heard knock and pulled an additional -2 deg.

See what your IAM currently is. Also might want to do a short log idling in neutral while logging your fuel trims (AF Learning 1A, B, C, D). The fuel trim data gets cleared after ECU reset, so if you recently reset the ECU those values might not be too meaningful at the moment.

Not sure what the boost curve should look like but it seems you hit peak boost a little late (at 4K rpm). That might be due to heat (your intake air temps were over 100F)...

This is in TX on a 95 degree day, so the IAT won't go down until November. :)

The engine does seem to struggle once over 6,000 rpm. I don't typically rev past 5500, only did in this case for the log.

Attached is the Learning View after a run. I reset the ECU when I put the DP on a month ago. Again, not sure if I did the learning view correctly as I don't know what to expect in the results.

131105887_LearningView_SS_7-4-201454628PM.jpg.b9a98f174653a4d75f642f826e977f3c.jpg

Usually, you would like the a/f trim values to be within +/-5%. You have a couple values outside of this interval. Those values are positive (running lean), meaning the ECU is adding fuel as it is noticing that unmetered air is getting in. This means you may have a vacuum leak.

You may want to follow the instructions here to check for leaks. Very easy to do.

• 1 year later...

Just to revive and finalize an old thread, injectors were cleaned and tested, a few were not great. Rebuilt turbo, TGV delete. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160522/f801dd1e941bf1123148a94e9cac9519.jpgPS pump, redesigned PCV system, abs replacing virtually every hose.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160522/2e0cb46b02870a3047ee74fc7bf62b52.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160522/b1941da0ec9cbe03441fe43425fed9bd.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Archived