LegacyGT.com

Will the $2000 incentive be extended after Sept. 6th?

biturbowagon

Edit with updated info

The $1500 customer cashback on all 2005 Legacys/Outbacks is extended thru 10/3 - now listed on subaru.com. Per Cars.com the $500 factory to dealer incentive remains thru 10/3 as well. I have no idea where Cars.com gets their info from. Edmunds shows nothing in the way of Subaru rebates right now, and Nadaguides and KBB are still showing the expired (9/6/05) $1500 rebate...crazy.

Buyers in the Northeast (esp New England) may get $2000 cashback, not sure. It could be that New England Subaru dealers are just "advertising" the $500 factory to dealer up front, thereby incorporating that into the customer cashback.

Lastly, and this may not be 100% accurate for CA or New England buyers, the Holdback and Market Assistance for all Legacies and Outbacks is 2% each (4% combined) of base MSRP (plus the MSRP of automatic trans, if equipped) - before adding any other options/freight, rounded up to the next whole dollar. This 4% holdback/mkt assist applies to 05's and 06's. Dealer floorplan allowance for the '06s is a flat $220 for all Leggys/OBs, not sure about the '05s...probably safe to say at least $200.

Good luck to anyone still in the market for an '05.

your dealer lied to you......

the offer is $2000 off plus another $2000 if you finance through suby yup yup i paid 21k for my GT

Was the 2k incentive the option against having the lower APR for you as well? IE pick one or the other?

$2000? I got $4000 i paid 21k for my GT

What? When was this and thru what dealership? :eek: And you got $4K off what, invoice or MSRP? What model did you buy, and what was it's invoice exactly? Was it a demo or something with significant mileage?

To my knowledge they've never had over $2000 in combined incentives on '05 Legs/OBs. And I haven't found a dealer willing to sell a Legacy GT (non-lmt) MT Wagon for much less than $3000 under invoice.

And I didn't get my info from any dealer, I just called SoA in Cherry Hill - the info is straight from the mfgr.

And like Kaos said, these incentives have been one or the other...not both. Details man, details!

What? When was this and thru what dealership? :eek: And you got $4K off what, invoice or MSRP? What model did you buy, and what was it's invoice exactly? Was it a demo or something with significant mileage?

To my knowledge they've never had over $2000 in combined incentives on '05 Legs/OBs. And I haven't found a dealer willing to sell a Legacy GT (non-lmt) MT Wagon for much less than $3000 under invoice.

And I didn't get my info from any dealer, I just called SoA in Cherry Hill - the info is straight from the mfgr.

And like Kaos said, these incentives have been one or the other...not both. Details man, details!

Manchester NH subaru regular GT model, sticker price of 27k got 4k off put down 1500 of my own 21396 is what i financed

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Manchester NH subaru regular GT model, sticker price of 27k got 4k off put down 1500 of my own 21396 is what i financed

OK, the picture's getting a little clearer now. So you paid $22.9K not $21 - which sounds like you got the car for about $1500 under invoice (impossible to say unless we know your exact MSRP, options, etc.). Remember, there're 3 different pricing structures for these depending on build date. There's a $250 base MSRP difference between pre Sept '04 cars and post April '05 cars, and a $264 difference between the base invoices....we're talking about MT GT Sedans (5AE model code).

So....my question stands. Anyone have reliable info on the current factory-to-dealer cash?

Thanks!

OK, the picture's getting a little clearer now. So you paid $22.9K not $21 - which sounds like you got the car for about $1500 under invoice (impossible to say unless we know your exact MSRP, options, etc.). Remember, there're 3 different pricing structures for these depending on build date. There's a $250 base MSRP difference between pre Sept '04 cars and post April '05 cars, and a $264 difference between the base invoices....we're talking about MT GT Sedans (5AE model code).

So....my question stands. Anyone have reliable info on the current factory-to-dealer cash?

Thanks!

correctomundo!!!!

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

your dealer lied to you......

the offer is $2000 off plus another $2000 if you finance through suby yup yup i paid 21k for my GT

It kinda sounds to me like your dealer lied to you. Although you got a very nice deal (considerably better than mine), if you paid $1,500 under invoice, that would be $500 over invoice before the $2,000 incentive. That means that the $2,000 that you supposedly got for financing through Subaru is really just a discount off of MSRP. I think there are very few people here who didn't get at least $2,000 off MSRP, regardless of when they bought, and regardless of how they paid for it.

Again, you got a great deal, don't get me wrong, but it just sounds like they kind of BS'd you to get you to finance through Subaru.

Yeah I think he did OK, but I don't know when he bought. What I'm seeing in the Midwest, East and Northeast, is dealers are willing to knock up to $3000 off of invoice and this includes the $2000 of cash incentives ($1500 to consumer/$500 to dealer). So before any incentives get factored in, up to about a grand off of invoice. I'm not concerned with any of the special financing because I'm a cash buyer. Now if they made it worth my while, i.e. $3K off invoice plus 0%, 1.9% or even 2.9%....I'd consider it.

Anyhow, I'm really curious if there's been any change to the factory-to-dealer component.

Now if they made it worth my while, i.e. $3K off invoice plus 0%, 1.9% or even 2.9%....I'd consider it.

It sounds like Bulldog got the incentives and the best interest rate. His rate is a little higher because he went for the 63-month loan, but you should be able to get 2.9% for 48 months (that what I got). Other factors that may figure into the price are your flexibility in terms of colors and options, and whether or not you are taking a car off of your local dealer's lot (or picking it up at a dealer elsewhere), because it does cost the dealer money to have the car shipped from another dealer.

4.69% isn't the best interest rate possible. I went with the 63 months and mine was 3.9%.

Interesting. The dealer quoted me 1.9% for 36 months, 2.9% for 48 months (which I took), or 4.9% for 60 months. This was at the end of April, so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Was that when they had the 0% for 24 months?

Currently it's 1.9 for 24, 2.9 for 36, 3.9 for 60-63, and 4.9 for 72.

Now I can't remember if it was 0% for 24, or if it was 1.9% for 24 instead of 36. I know it was 2.9% for 48, because that's what my loan is, and I remember there was a big jump to 4.9% for 60 months.

I went yesterday to the dealer test driving a couple of Subarus. My mother is in the market for a Suby. It looks like she has here eye on the forrester LL Bean model. The 2006 get more hp than 05 due to the AVCS system incorpated in all the vehicles except for the baja.

BTW: there is almost no hope finding a 05 model to get $2000 cash back. But there is a $1000 cash back for 2006. The rates are 1.9% for 24 months

2.9% for 36 months

3.9% for 48 months

4.9% for 60 months

I think you can't combine the $1000 rebate with the special APR - but I still got a decent rate through Subaru (I think it was 5.35).

I went yesterday to the dealer test driving a couple of Subarus. My mother is in the market for a Suby. It looks like she has here eye on the forrester LL Bean model. The 2006 get more hp than 05 due to the AVCS system incorpated in all the vehicles except for the baja.

BTW: there is almost no hope finding a 05 model to get $2000 cash back. But there is a $1000 cash back for 2006. The rates are 1.9% for 24 months

2.9% for 36 months

3.9% for 48 months

4.9% for 60 months

I've always wondered do you get a better deal(or worse deal) when you have a trade (that you still owe on), than without one. Is it that you can try get more value for your vehicle than what you can get taken off the msrp (when i got my new 06 2.5i, i traded in my 05' RS still owed 12800 we had them give me 15000 for it ans take another 1000 off the msrp) Made them also pay the sales tax and all dmv fees and paper work or there was gonna be no deal i didnt want to have to pay anything out of my pocket, and also financed thru my own bank with a lower rate. It looks better on there end, but you winning on yours. Financing thru the dealer is usually not worth it, that 2k that you will save you will end paying more in the interest and also the fact that you have filled the finance managers quota.

Archived