LegacyGT.com

Cell Phone Reception in Car

What is the deal... is it my car or Massachusetts? I feel like when i'm in other people's car i can get decent reception and i can make calls out, but once i'm in my car, i have NO reception, and my phone always shows emergency only, and i can't make any calls out. what's the deal? Is it just MA and Cingular? or is it my car? does anyone else have this problem? i haven't really tested my theory out, cuz all my friends have cingular. if it's a cingular problem, any suggestions on who to change to? I commute from waltham to worcester every day and would REALLY like reception along that entire route. what company has the most complete coverage in that area?

Hmmm...no personal experience with cingular. My sister has it and hates it though, no service and bad reception, although some of it is her old phone. Either way i would expect most all companies have service right through all the major highways in mass...at least eastern. I drive NH to Mass everyday for work and never have had a problem the whole way, whether it be Rt. 3, 93, or 95. I have Sprint for service.

I commute from waltham to worcester every day and would REALLY like reception along that entire route.

Me too......well leominster to waltham......I have had sprint for 9 years now...love them never have a problem, always have signal! Cingular shouldn't be that bad, your phone could possible have something wrong with its antenna.......Verizon is good around here to.....but I'm still a sprint fan!

Cingular. Nokia. Atlantic Blue Pearl.

No problems, windows up or down. Sunroof closed or open.

Could be your local route or your phone.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

i can't stand cingular right now. i've had them for about 6 months and i still have a year and half on contract but i plan to simply pay the 300 dollar early termination fee since i have two lines and switching over to verizon. i've called cingular and complained and complained about service and begged them to drop the early termination fee or atleast reduce it but no luck at all. i've even contemplated going to small claims and simply putting in a lawsuit since i have horrible reception and gazillion dropped calls.

I've had att wireless for about 7 years now, and have never had any problems with them (3 years at Cape Cod, 4 years at Pittsburgh), but the second I moved to Boston is when my problems really started...No metallic tint....Luckily my service ends december which means i can change to verizon... How do you like the Motorola Smart Phone? The MPX 220? do you really use any of the cool features? I was thinking of getting that. I'm surprised that I don't get any signal along the Mass Pike, altho if i stop, walk out of my car and make a call, it works.

Actually, my entire route, i don't have signal. Rt 9 E => Mass Pike (90) E => 95 N

Bleh...I have minutes that i WOULD use if i could actually make call... what a rip off...

Archived