LegacyGT.com

What model years have experienced most turbo or engine failures?

If you've had an engine or turbo failure, what model year was your GT?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. If you've had an engine or turbo failure, what model year was your GT?

I just bought an '05 wagon with 97,000 miles. As far as I know, everything is in very good shape, but I haven't had a chance to get it in to my mechanic to give it a thorough looking over which is scheduled for sometime next week (took the risk and bought it sight-unseen). Someone told me I should just have him remove the banjo bolt filters and change my oil at or under 3000k miles is that a good idea?

If this is the wrong place for the questions I've got, I apologize in advance, it just seemed like a good place to ask about the immediate steps I should take to ensure my new car won't suffer the same fate as many of you seem to have suffered anytime soon.

The car came with the following mods:

-Cobb AP

-Invidia up-pipe/divorced waste gate high-flow catted DP

-DeutchWerks 740cc side-feed injectors and 265 LPH fuel pump

-Perrin side-feed fuel rail kit

-Perrin TMIC

-And finally, an OBX catback (which stants for OBnoXious, I guess), soon to be replaced with a Borla cause I can't stand the highway drone and how low the Y-Pipe is.

What kinds of things should I have looked into by my mechanic? Should I remove the banjo bolt filters, or should I just have them cleaned (or replaced). What kind of power should I expect with these mods on a stock turbo? What's achievable with this setup? Is it a bad idea to have that much more fuel injection capacity while still running a stock turbo? What other mods would logically come next with this setup?

Archived