LegacyGT.com

05GT - What next?

Yet another "looking for input" thread.

Mine: 05 LGT Limited 5EAT

Hers: 14 FXT Premium

I am beginning to look for a replacement, despite the fact that my 05 is coming out of the shop after having the heads worked on and regular high mileage stuff done. I am at 140k. Traffic sucks often enough that I am fine with driving an auto.

I have access to USAA's car buying service and I am in a competitive market (Chicago area).

Options as I see them (hoping for alternatives):

15 WRX Limited w/ CVT: quoted $29.5k - I don't like the carbon fiber trim, and my wife likes the hvac set to "Hell" or "Arctic" so lack of dual zone makes these trips annoying.

14 Buick Regal AWD 2.0L Turbo: $31.5k - Under-powered, but same powerplant as ATS so tuning options exist in the long run

14 Fusion AWD Titanium: $27.9K - Nice dress up options would push me to 30-31k range.

15 Legacy: Where's the new 2.0 from the fxt or wrx? Get the 2.5i and build an 818 street version for summer in a couple years.

Other options: Used volvo wagon, stretch budget to A3, buy a closeout v70... I feel like I am missing something. I like the FXT but don't want to buy a better optioned one due to the inevitable conflict at home :)

Thanks in advance,

-Chris

No, the name has nothing to do with bragging about 20 inch wheels...

That's a good suggestion.

I tried giving the CPO inventory search a try. Vast majority are RWD and couldn't find a an AWD for $35k. I will keep checking back.

The only downside I can see with the T6R is understeer and a crappy turn radius. I didn't know those are problems I even need to look for in a modern awd car. I guess my last 4 subarus spoiled me there.

I'm guessing sticker on that car was about 13,000 more 30k miles ago.

If you do decide to get a wagon/hatch the new forester is excellent. My wife officially said I can't get a forester :)

I am even considering fusion awd 2.0Ts at this point.

I've driven one of the new FXT's, it just didn't wow me... though I was only comparing it to our 3.6 outback at the time. Maybe lowered and with some sway bars, wheels, and tires I would enjoy it... but then again I still want something with a clutch for some odd reason.

Archived