LegacyGT.com

Quick LV question

ssbtech

^ this. probably the turbo inlet hose. yes, it's a pain to replace :( you could try to tighten the clamp, but often the part of the hose that clamps to the turbo deteriorates and tears.
BtSsm - Android app/Bluetooth adapter. LV, logging, gauges and more. For 05-14 Legacy (GT, 2.5, 3.0, 3.6), 02-14 WRX, 04-14 STi, 04-14 FXT, 05-09 OBXT

Do you happen to know if that air duct is similar to the TB hose in that it has those silicone rings on the end that can be removed or does the whole duct have to be replaced?

I don't suppose it can simply be loosened and slid forward without lifting the intake manifold? I don't mind lifting the manifold, I just don't want to be mucking about with the fuel lines that are attached to it :mad:

There wasn't one of those rings on my inlet when swapped it. I had similar issue and swapped my inlet thinking it was my problem but ended up being the intake gaskets. Those reading are looking a lot better. I know being closest to 0 is the goal but I've heard people say +5/-5 is healthy. Have you cleaned your maf sensor?

Right - the turbo inlet hose is effectively one piece (no gaskets).

When you did your most recent boost test that successfully held pressure, was the turbo inlet hose included in the test? Where did you block off the intake?

The orange intake manifold gaskets can definitely be a source of vac/boost leaks too. However, they usually are only a problem when the engine is cold, and once it warms up they seal ok.

BtSsm - Android app/Bluetooth adapter. LV, logging, gauges and more. For 05-14 Legacy (GT, 2.5, 3.0, 3.6), 02-14 WRX, 04-14 STi, 04-14 FXT, 05-09 OBXT

ok. it's possible that there is no vac leak if your last test held pressure the way you described. 5% isn't *that* much of a correction really.

Archived