LegacyGT.com

04 JDM (05 USDM?) Outback Audio

Rescue312

So I'm finally getting around to finishing my headunit upgrade on my wagon with a double din kit and have decided that before I put the dash and centre console back together it would probably be wise of me to future proof..

I believe and stand to be corrected that my system is comprised of 4 speakers and two tweeters.

I would like to upgrade the speakers and I think I need to get 6.5" shallow mount ones, I would also like to add a small sub and an amp.

Is it possible to upgrade the door speakers and use the factory tweeters in the front doors? I think I might have read that aftermarket ones will not fit in due to mounting/size issues?

I understand that some legacy wagons and outbacks came with subs from the factory?

Is there a boot mount option I could put in? I have a rear cooling fan which I am never likely to use on the passenger side - could I mount it in there?

I can't afford to build a boot box as I need all my boot space for my search and rescue gear (a 100l container and grab bag etc..)

all help is much appreciated.

Cheers Dave

Archived