LegacyGT.com

engine removal how to

I would like to take the engine out of my 2000 subaru legacy gt wagon, it has a 2.0 twin turbo in it, the reason is , it over heated and i think the head gaskets are blown, now when i fill it with water and lock the radiator cap it builds a lot of pressure, its not a car i need or depend on i have other cars for transportation so i really would like to do this myself, could someone lead me to a tutorial or tell me if its possible, i very handy mechanical wise and plan to fotograpah and video from every angle, also plan to get some paint pens and mark the vacuum lines and electrical connections, and use zipp lock bags for the bolts i take out for each part, what i need to no is do i need any special tool, were would i meet my hardest challenge in removing the engine., please any advise would really help, thx in advance, also its a JDM MODEL AND A STATION WAGON

in simple terms, unplug all wiring, and unbolt tranny and engine from chassis and lift the engine out...lol

but good luck

lol dam didnt no it was that simple, think i will do it on my lunch break, :lol:

thx at least u gave me a start

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Buy a manual. Search one online. I have also learned many things on YouTube from the gutless method of butchering an elk to taking the top end of my trucks 360 motor off and replacing gaskets and any thing else needed. Good Luck.

You said you were mechanical then you can do it. Show us lots of pictures.

Archived