LegacyGT.com

What.. can replace an LGT wagon?

TSX is a very nice wagon - but FWD only and no manual. It's a candidate though - being Honda underneath, and it has lots of toys..

boston_ good info.. I really haven't considered sedans at all. I have a convertible in the car right now - fits OK behind my passenger seat. The 'bucket' fit verrry snugly.. but I don't think either would do well behind my driver's seat.

Was this the case back in 2005? I don't understand these damn car seats..

My sister's H6 Outback was recently totaled. We looked at the Acura and both really liked it but she ended up getting a a Jetta Sport Wagon TDI (which is avail in manual).

Nice car, great fuel milage but I am unsure about diesel.

• 2 months later...

I've been spending a lot of time debating this myself. I don't own a wagon now, but want one real bad. I drove the V60 R-Design and loved it, but it's not cheap. There are some used ones already (executive or demo cars) for less than MSRP or A-Plan pricing, but still 40k plus, and they're autos.

I see a few 3 and 5 series wagons pop up, but the newest one is 2012 and they have 60k miles or more. I have never owned a BMW, but I doubt it will be cheap to own without a warranty. Thoughts?

I'm still holding out for the Golf Sportwagen TDI 4Motion 6 Speed. I was ready to get a GTD, but VW killed that. The TDI is a nice option, but it's not really a wagon. I've owned a hatcback before (Mazda3) and as much as I loved it, I really would like a longer car, and AWD (or RWD).

The only way I would go for an automatic wagon would be by keeping the Spec.B, but then my budget goes down considerably.

How many miles does your GT Wagon have? I'm at 105k and my repairs are not too bad yet, but I know things will start going out if I keep driving it every day. Not like it won't last for at least another 100k.

When I was looking and settled on the Brighton wagon, I was looking at the older wagon and Hatchback focus. Which I realise are getting long in the tooth as well. Hell, I was even looking for a Galant wagon or that 'sportback' cum shooting brake that Mitsubishi had.

If I had credit, I would have sprung for the Subaru XV, all I could find were the damned cvts, which I've heard less than glowing reviews about.

I've been spending a lot of time debating this myself. I don't own a wagon now, but want one real bad. I drove the V60 R-Design and loved it, but it's not cheap. There are some used ones already (executive or demo cars) for less than MSRP or A-Plan pricing, but still 40k plus, and they're autos.

I see a few 3 and 5 series wagons pop up, but the newest one is 2012 and they have 60k miles or more. I have never owned a BMW, but I doubt it will be cheap to own without a warranty. Thoughts?

I'm still holding out for the Golf Sportwagen TDI 4Motion 6 Speed. I was ready to get a GTD, but VW killed that. The TDI is a nice option, but it's not really a wagon. I've owned a hatcback before (Mazda3) and as much as I loved it, I really would like a longer car, and AWD (or RWD).

The only way I would go for an automatic wagon would be by keeping the Spec.B, but then my budget goes down considerably.

How many miles does your GT Wagon have? I'm at 105k and my repairs are not too bad yet, but I know things will start going out if I keep driving it every day. Not like it won't last for at least another 100k.

CPO is your way into the Volvo world. 2014's are out there in plenty of configs. Bought a '14 XC-70 T6 with the Polestar tune and it's a blast. Sub $40k is easy now on these. '14 has all the updates to the dash as well, brought it up considerably compared to the '13s. Doesn't corner like a modded LGT but then again that's not the point. ;)

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

RSB and then Polestar the T6. :dm:

I'm not a fan of the plastic trim, but looking at the Polestar tune page on Volvo's site, looks like the V50 existed as a manual with AWD and the T5 from 2008 to 2010, which can get a polestar tune. Sadly none exist right now on autotrader in the whole US. Probably not a lot of them exist.

They were a pretty shitty car. I took a few in on trade while working for a BMW dealership. I'd avoid them. Plus even if they aren't totally falling apart they torque steer like a bitch. I can only imagine the awesome of one with even more HP it can't put to the ground as it rockets you into a ditch.

Archived