LegacyGT.com

Best way to remove Strut/Hub/Brakes as one.

So there is a 98 Legacy GT at the upull, with SUS trim that has 103,673km (60xxx Miles) on the cluster, my rear struts or suspension has been "clunking" since I bought the car almost 3 years ago but has gotten worse and with my new exhaust system scraping over speed bumps i'll give up the 2" drop and try the highlife on the SUS struts.

Also terrible Bearing noise from one of the rear wheels. so swapping suspension is getting several birds stoned at once ;)

I took my strut out thinking I could easily unplug the sensors and swap the hole strut/brake/hub combo but I forgot about the E brake line.. and having to disassemble the integral drum makes the process quite a bit longer.

I am thinking If I can just cut through the E brake line at the junkyard so that I can deal with rebuilding the drum at home in the garage (2 feet of snow in the last two days. Would this be hard to accomplish with a hacksaw?

OR second thought it may be easier to disconnect the e brake at the lever and feed the wire back through the car and wrap it around the strut when I leave and swap the e-brake cable and adjust it on my car afterwards

Cut the ebrake cable and then just take off the axle nut, strut mount nuts, the long bolt and nut for the LCAs and disconnect the abs wire. I would take the whole abs sensor and wire because they sometimes seize into the knuckle and break trying to get them out.

Thanks spooln!

Another question

My ABS sensor appears to be welded to my knuckle.

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p552/Taylor_Jay1/20140505_173120_zps306afa8a.jpg

I spent a good hour drilling out the bolt which stripped due to my fault of using 12 point wrenches and it still won't get out so I will chase the line and just take the ABS sensor with me from the donor car

Currently on my car both struts are removed but how do I get the E brake cable out of the knuckle without cutting it?!?

I feel like the front struts will go a lot faster as im not removing Ball joints I am taking the whole control arm.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/07/uty9uda9.jpg

how can I get the ebrake out?!?! The clip snapped but nothings budging. everything's rusted to far

Tried to beat it back through the backing plate with a punch but no luck. Thinking of disconnecting the e brake at the handle and removing the heatshield and I can just save the junkyard cables and re route them. may be quicker than re assembling the drums anyways. Now how do I get the cable out of the interior?

Archived