LegacyGT.com

Zero sports single exit exhaust

Anyone seen this before?

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/zerosports-world-league-catback-exhaust-subaru-legacy-gt-0509-p-47265.html

At first I was wondering if it was the wrong image and they just showed a wrx exhaust. But zero sports gives you part numbers for the legacy muffler cover too so it's definitely single exit. I may get it when I do my cat back, just because I've never seen it.

I dont know anyone that would spend that much on a cat back is probably why you have never seen it lol but in all reality you can probably have a muffler shop custom make a single exit exhaust for half that price....

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

If this is true "Zerosports World League Catback Exhaust Subaru Legacy GT 05+

The Zero/Sports World League Catback Exhaust has been designed to meet the highest standards in the Japanese market. In addition to being made of the highest quality materials, it has also attained the difficult JASMA recognition.

World League Catback - Exhaust Features:

-The unique design of this exhaust allows exhaust noises to be kept to a minimum while allowing maximum performance.

-This exhaust also keeps that trademark Subaru boxer rumble perfectly intact.

-The loudness of the exhaust never exceeds 92dB, and stays at a quiet 70dB while cruising. Acceleration only increases the loudness level to 78dB.

-The overall diameter of the exhaust piping is 3’."

Then its worth it. A lot of tracks are enforcing noise restrictions. Having an exhaust system that performs nearly as well as an open exhaust while meeting sound requirements is going to cost big dollars.

Tracks are enforcing noise restrictions? What tracks? What is the point of off road use only and catless downpipe that are "track use only"? Please do explain... I've never heard of a track saying an exhaust is too loud in all the years ive been racing ... maybe on the west coast they are but over on the east coast there are no restrictions for loudness of exhaust and never will be.. the tracks just close early.. also are you talking specific events or quarter mile? Depending on type of racing being done I still say $1200 for a cat back is insane and would never pay it... just my 2 cents

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

A number of tracks have noise level requirements. Portland International Raceway has a 98db limit. Laguna Seca has a 92db limit. Any track that has ppl living nearby has a sound limit. If it doesn't, it will soon.

http://www.circletrack.com/ultimateracing/ctrp_1012_racetrack_noise_legislation/

Portland actually has an always running dB meter - http://portlandraceway.com/?/about/noise_information

Fair enough but original poster appears to be from the east coast... the restrictions here arent anywhere near the same and paying $1200 for a cat back is off the wall im sure many would agree... your average member isn't racing at Laguna seca...

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

I've definitely seen some LGTs with single exit exhausts. I still feel it gives an unbalanced look considering the rear bumper has two cutouts for mufflers, but that is merely an aesthetic problem.

If this is true "Zerosports World League Catback Exhaust Subaru Legacy GT 05+

The Zero/Sports World League Catback Exhaust has been designed to meet the highest standards in the Japanese market. In addition to being made of the highest quality materials, it has also attained the difficult JASMA recognition.

World League Catback - Exhaust Features:

-The unique design of this exhaust allows exhaust noises to be kept to a minimum while allowing maximum performance.

-This exhaust also keeps that trademark Subaru boxer rumble perfectly intact.

-The loudness of the exhaust never exceeds 92dB, and stays at a quiet 70dB while cruising. Acceleration only increases the loudness level to 78dB.

-The overall diameter of the exhaust piping is 3’."

Then its worth it. A lot of tracks are enforcing noise restrictions. Having an exhaust system that performs nearly as well as an open exhaust while meeting sound requirements is going to cost big dollars.

This is probably while I'm gonna keel my Fujitsubo cbe. Quality JDM system :)

Archived