LegacyGT.com

Seat swap 2006 vs 2008

Geckoboy86

So I have a 2006 Outback Sedan LL Bean. I recently acquired 2008 LGT seats. Upon trying to install, I ran into a problem. My driver seat has 3 air bag connectors but the GT seat has one. I didn't look under my passenger but the underside of the passenger for the GT had the 3 connectors.

Is this the case with all GT seats or is 2008+ different?

• 1 year later...

Did you ever figure this out? Since I have an '07 OBXT and I have swapped in '08 LGT seats and had a similar issue. My OBXT seats had 6 cables total, the LGT has only 4. Of the yellow plugs on the OBXT seat one 1 is actually the air bag, the other two are for a sensor to make sure if the seat it too far forward the airbag won't deploy while the other splices off from the seatbelt I'm assuming to know that it's fastened.

At first I just plugged in the 4 I could and the seat worked, but my airbag light came on. So I decided to swap over the seat buckle from my OBXT seats onto the LGT seat and plugged in the sensor so everything was filled in the harness but I still get the airbag light. Trying to figure out if once the light is on it won't go away or if the LGT airbag is different than the OBXT so it isn't communicating with the harness.

Debating pulling the Tan skins off the OBXT seats and then putting the LGT black ones on, as I would assume this would solve the issue since the seats will be OEM the same minus the look. But trying to avoid that until I'm certain that is the only way.

Archived