LegacyGT.com

Mail Legacy w/ej20r or '05 outback xt limited?

I have a '05 Outback XT, all the bells and whistles and 188k :/

Needs rebuilt before going stage 2. $$$$

I have the chance to buy a RHD Mail route legacy wagon super cheap.

Im sure i can find a ej20r w5speed for less then $1500 somewhere.

I'm single/28 and don't care about all the extra shit the XT limited has and I wouldn't mind driving around a 2nd gen legacy wagon.

It seems clear sell the XT and throw a ej20r in the rhd wagon... but all i hear about the ej20r is there ticking time bombs?!?

Im religious about oil changes. and using high bypass oil filters.

and im not gonna be flogging the ej20r except for the occasional scca rallycross's in the summer.

What would you do in my situation? btw the XT has the EJ255 w/vf40 and 5eat

I'll have pic's up Saturday night of the postal. It's been sitting 3-4 years, blown trans... anyone got a ballpark firgure on what its worth?

The owner is my cousins mother-inlaw, its in his back yard and he wants it gone, but she has a death grip on it.

I'm thinking of offering $1000?

assuming everything was in good condition when parked and guessing mileage is 150k?

Also side note.... I have a ej22t closed deck block from my old '91 ss (rip) if im gonna rebuild the ej20r should i start with the ej22t block? I've heard a few peeps says its the best block be cause its fully closed and has oil squirters.... wait nvm... i'd have to make custom oil lines and crap in the block for the second turbo... I'll just cross that road when it comes if the ej20r starts to go tits up.

You're keeping the twin turbo setup or are you converting it to a single turbo?

Of course keep it twin! that's why I want the postal :D

I talked to her today, she still has the route and wants the ole subbie fixed. she said all thats wrong with it is a cam position sensor.

And that her new husband will fix it! haha...

I didn't argue with her that a car sitting 4 years and has 170k miles is going to need alot more then just a cam pos sensor...

My plan now is to mention it again to her in a few weeks or a month that im interested in it.

It will obviously STILL be sitting there, and after having mulled it over she'll either

#1 pay me to fix it up, and rack up a bill! (A fair bill)

Cars don't like to sit for years on end then just all of a sudden drive 100 miles everymorning and not give you shit about it :spin:

OR #2 sell it to me :wub:... then i'll have a nasty hot mess on my hands, twss:redface:

Be carefull with a car that sat for that long. Mine had been parked for about 5 years when I got it. To make it more fun, I had to drive it 230miles home after buying it. That went over ok, but those mice sure were pissed though.

IMAG0162.jpg

IMAG0161.jpg

IMAG0158.jpg

IMAG0160.jpg

IMAG0157.jpg

idk... license plate says '05 was last registered year :O

Im not sure the car is worth it even it was free....

Here in missouri they salt the roads. so struts, suspension , brake lines, gas tank, rotors, maybe wheel hubs... all need replaced

Help me guys I'm losing faith :/

IMAG0163.jpg

...yes that is plasti-dip :D

I did black bottom for a two tone with the champange gold.

EDIT: This is a pic before I did it all the way around.

Archived