LegacyGT.com

Spec B rear springs on Legacy 2.5i wagon?

wongmic75

Hi all,

I have a 2006 2.5i Wagon.... which I had lowered on some nice wagon specific springs (TN Guts Bestex) and bilsteins....

I then proceeded to add a hitch and bike rack on the back... which led to saggy butt and hitch scraping....

I was thinking putting on a set of Spec B sedan rear springs might raise the back a little to reduce scraping and level out the wagon....

Is there any reason to not do this?

Even without the hitch the back seemed to be a tad low....

Any thoughts on whether adding the Spec B springs in the rear would help gain an inch in the rear? Or are the spring rates too low?

From a previous thread here is some info:

.........................Front................ Rear

.........................wire......winds.....wire. ......winds

OBXT: ...............14.3mm. 4.5 ..... 13.2mm. 8.125

Legacy Wagon.. 13.5mm. 4.125 . 13.2mm.. 7.6

Spec B.............. 12.9mm.. 4.5..... 11.8mm.. 6.625

OB NA ...............14.0...... 4.25.... 13.2mm.. 8.125

Thanks in advance!!

IMG_0364.thumb.jpg.7bfbf699802694bd7c3574c8fae90b31.jpg

IMG_0368.thumb.jpg.ccde3401a1d501751d6fcf688d73ca00.jpg

In all honesty, if you're happy with the ride quality, I'd go the easier route and add spacers...

http://www.paranoidfabrications.com/shop/subaru-legacy-02-07-hdpe/

Max spacer is 1", which fits your request. Don't forget to buy the longer stud bolts too.

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i just had the spec b swap done on a wagon, with sedan springs in the back there was no space between the tire and flair. i would try it with the wagon springs as with the weight it should be where you want.

• 2 years later...

Archived