LegacyGT.com

Interior Illumination Issue... Not Fuse?

davidk7204

Hey everyone,

So I have a 2006 Outback XT. There is really only one issue with it, which is that the front map lights and dome light do not work. The two front lights dont work at all, the dome light behind the sunroof either. The front cubby light which is usually an amber LED does not work at all. Additionally, the door courtesy step lights don't work, and those should come on whenever the door opens.

However, a bunch of stuff does work. The keyring glows, both 12V power sources work, the radio never resets, the auto-dimming mirror works properly, everything else works - even the rear cargo dome light works fine.

I checked the illumination fuse and actually checked each and every fuse both inside the car and in the engine bay. If it's not the fuse, what could it be? I hope someone can pinpoint what is wrong, considering the specific weird array of lights that aren't working, or I might have to bust open the headliner and mess with some wiring.

Thanks in advance.

David

... bust open the headliner and mess with some wiring...

not sure exactly what your issue is, but be careful with this -- people have damaged BIUs with mishandling in particular the dome light that 'dims out' with door functions; a search can raise the threads.

hope that's not your prob, and you find an easier out, best luck.

Archived