LegacyGT.com

Leaking VCG

Hi guys I searched but could not find a definitive answer. My 2005 LGT apparently has developed a valve cover gasket leak. Besides the FelPro gasket kit that comes with spark plug tube seals, do I also need to buy half moons or valve cover washers for the bolts? Looked at the vacation pics and it looks like 2-3 hrs of work. Any tips/tricks are much appreciated.

The half moon pieces are hard plastic, not rubber so if you can get them off without damaging them you can reuse them. However they do get brittle with age........use grey RTV sealant on them. The grommets usually get all hardened up and will leak if you reuse them, you could seal them with RTV also but for the amount of work involved get all the parts and do it once.......correctly.

The half moon pieces are hard plastic, not rubber so if you can get them off without damaging them you can reuse them. However they do get brittle with age........use grey RTV sealant on them. The grommets usually get all hardened up and will leak if you reuse them, you could seal them with RTV also but for the amount of work involved get all the parts and do it once.......correctly.

Thanks that's the answer I was looking for.

Archived