LegacyGT.com

Replacing my OBW with an L - What to look for?

So after a month and a half of fighting with my car to get it started, I've given up. It's a 96 Legacy OBW. TONS of new parts on it, blah blah. (Just thinking about it makes me want to cry).

So a few days ago, I've come across a 95-96 Legacy L Wagon. Has an EJ22E and is Automatic. It's in rough looking shape, but the underneath seems to be solid. Even the rear subframe. It would need TLC on the quarters, and I'd replace the rotted driver's door with the one off the OBW. Needs a paint job and that will be top of the list right after getting it legal and body work.

The guy is asking $250 for it. I'm not sure if it runs and drives yet, but I know that if it needed any mechanical parts (suspension, drivetrain, steering, etc) I could just swap the parts off my OBW.

So far I've only done a quick visual/video inspection of it. I will be returning soon to make a thorough inspection and possibly a test drive (Car is not inspected or licensed). Are there any specific things I should look for? I already know the generic ones like the rear subframe, but is there anything to watch out for on this specific model?

Thank you :spin:

Here's the short inspection vid.

Archived