LegacyGT.com

p0443 ideas?

So I took my car out for a weekend cruise sunday and decided it would be a good time to clear all the codes and see what needs to get fixed after the motor swap. About halfway through my drive my car started to die every time that I came to a stop. I have had rolling idle since I turboed the car but haven't really looking into it since it hasn't been dying and has been running perfect aside from that. Now anytime I roll to a stop or push in the clutch the car will drop RPMs and either die or just barely catch itself at about 100 rpms and then roll between 250 and 750. It will do this for about 15 to 30 seconds before it levels out and then it will idle just fine. Car runs just fine in the mornings on startups and doesn't have any issues when its cold. Its throwing a P0443 (Evaporative Emission System Purge Control Valve Circuit) and I don't really know where to go from here on this. I checked all the vacuum lines a couple of times last night and I don't have any leaks that I can see. What should I be checking next?

To update on this in case anyone else happens to have the same problem the Purge Control Solenoid is stuck open. I also replaced the IACV motor in an effort of fix idle issues.

Edit : Fixed the issue. Leaking BOV. Put a new one on and the car runs perfect

Archived