LegacyGT.com

09 Lego 45k mi. 2.5 na

Glad to join subu nation. Jist put plates on. Started to read forum and got worried about all the things that can go wrong! Are extended warr. available for this car, what was the orig. war.,anyone have any experience with them. Bought from a private owner. thanks for any info. jackr

From my experience with my '09 I don't think an extended warranty is needed. Keep an eye on the oil level until you know for sure whether or not your car consumes oil.

What are some of your concerns with the car? Some of the things you have read may only apply to the turbo models.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. Looked like head gaskets, valve cover gaskets and a few other things come up quite frequently. I'll be changing the oil, gas and air filters this week to start my maint. schedule and will keep an eye on oil level. thanks again to subu nation, Jackr

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. Looked like head gaskets, valve cover gaskets and a few other things come up quite frequently. I'll be changing the oil, gas and air filters this week to start my maint. schedule and will keep an eye on oil level. thanks again to subu nation, Jackr

From what I've seen on this forum, head gaskets don't really appear to be an issue on the 2009's. Though I suppose it's possible that maybe many 2009 owners don't have enough miles yet, and time will tell. I have 147k and my head gaskets are still fine.

When you mention valve cover gaskets, you did remind me of one trouble area. The spark plug tube seals are known to leak, and subaru redesigned them as a result. Multiple dealers quoted me $530 (+/- $20) to replace both valve cover gaskets and all 4 spark plug tube seals. I'm not sure if the spark plug tube seals would be covered under the 5yr/60k powertrain warranty or not. I've attached a picture of how I knew my spark plug tube seals were leaking. When I pulled out my spark plug wire out to change my plugs, there was oil at the bottom of the plug wire and at the top of the spark plug tube.

oil.thumb.jpg.8f84074fe65ab1f78de9933809ae70e4.jpg

Archived